close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do you conceal carry your G30?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by ennis, Mar 23, 2011.

1. ennis

ennis
    Expand Collapse

I own both a G27 and a G30. The G27 feels fine IWB, but it's about the max thickness for that mode of carry. I am concerned that the thicker G30 won't carry as well IWB. Those of you that carry a G30 concealed, what method of carry works best for you? I almost never have to tuck in my shirt. My typical clothing is pretty loose fitting.

An altogether different carry question, is about when I am carrying my G30 converted to 10mm in the so called, "woods", while I am carrying a backpack. In Alaska people are more tolerant when they see me on the trail with a chest holster. In the Lower 48, not always so understanding, especially now that my permit allows me to carry concealed in some National Parks.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

Depends a lot on your build and wardrobe. Last month, on a training tour in the frozen wasteland, I relied almost entirely on an OWB, belt-slide thumb-break from Ted Blocker for the G30 I was carrying. However, I was wearing a suitcoat or sport coat the whole time, with a topcoat over it outdoors. If it had been summer months, the G30 would have been inside the waistband in a Rosen ARG or a Galco for better concealment under light clothing.

The G30 and G29, in my experience, conceal about like a Glock 19 or 23.

For backpacking, I can see why you'd want something less conspicuous in most places. Not being a backpacker, I'll leave it up to you to find the best balance of access, concealability, and comfort. Or, you might want to open a thread with that question in Carry Issues; you should find lots of folks with lots more experience in backpacking with Glocks than I can offer.

best,
    Mas