close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

how do you clean your glock?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by s0nny_g17, Jan 22, 2006.

1. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

Jan 19, 2006
    Quezon Province
    mga glock masters paano po ba ang tamang paglilinis ng glock? kailangan ba na totally disassembled sya every use? i usually use lead, mura pero ang hirap nga lang matanggal sa barrel. ok lang ba copper brush panlinis?

2. Yes. In fact the use of stainless bore brushes are discouraged nowadays.

3. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Jan 21, 2003
    Iowa
    I'm a big fan of copper or bronze brushes. I feel like the nylon brush that comes with new Glocks are not the best. I also agree with avoiding stainless.

4. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    Soak it with Hoppes #9 to soften the deposits. There will still be stubborn leads there so I used (when I was still using leads) coping saw blade. Make sure you remove the sharp edges and bend one end about 90 degrees. Just like a back scratcher. Polish (1000cc) the end which you will use as scrubber. Good luck.

vega

5. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Vega,

Could you post a picture of your "special tool?" I'm interested in it. Hoppes #9 is really a good bore solvent.

I still have a stainless tornado brush. Should avoid using it on my wife's Taurus?

6. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    Hinde lililinisan ang mga Glock.

They work better when dirty.

Hehe

Seriously though, here's my procedure for routine cleaning -

1) Disassemble slide and frame
    2) Spray metal parts with Kleenbore Gunk-out and let dry.
    3) Touch metals part with Breakfree CLP.
    4) Put back slide and frame together and wipe-off excess lube.
    5) Done.

7. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    isuzu - I don't have my "special tool" anymore. That was way back in RP when I was still using lead. A dental pick will do but if you can get the plastic one its a lot better.

vega

8. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Vega,

My friends used dental picks (that were given by a dentist-shooter) when we were still using single stack 45s with comps to clean the lead out of the comps. I borrowed their picks.:) It was during the late 80's and early 90's, when single stacks, comps and Bo-Mars were the vogue. The picks were effective.

9. Ersatz0906

Ersatz0906

Oct 23, 2005
    Philippines
    bakit sir? whats the difference between stainless and copper brushes?
    thanks

10. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Stainless is harder than copper which means it can easily scratch the inside of your barrel.

11. GLOCK22SHOOTER

GLOCK22SHOOTER NOT A VICTIM

I just put mine on the hood of the car when running through the auto car wash....Just kidding..I think the others have it covered by now.

12. Ersatz,

Answered by Batangueno. :)

13. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

Jan 19, 2006
    Quezon Province
    thanks guys
    after every use i put breakfree clp all over the metal parts of my gun then brush & wipe the oil the next day. i only use the brush included in my glock package coz a friend of mine says that a copper brush might scratch my barrel. malimit marami pa rin natitira lead deposits sa barrel kaya hindi ako nasasatisfy sa paglilinis ko. with regards to the other parts of my gun basta binabrush ko lang and wipe it afterwards.

14. I don't think it will. Buy the good ones like Outer's, Hoppe's, etc

15. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    Thanks for the idea.;)
    Maybe dishwasher is a lot faster.

vega

16. Ersatz0906

Ersatz0906

Oct 23, 2005
    Philippines
    hehe sorry sa kulit ko po... ano mangyari if you scratch your barrel? (steel barrel ha ;f) ma rust? or will it affect accuracy?
    tnx

17. It will deteriorate in the accuracy department. At least that's what they're saying, the principle being the lands and groves of your barrel will thin out with the continuous scrubbing of metal harder than itself.

Daw bairan bala haw. :)

18. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    Ersatz - You may know this already but start scrubbing from the chamber end and not the muzzle end. If you start at the muzzle end you might ding the crown and ruin accuracy.

vega

19. Ersatz0906

Ersatz0906

Oct 23, 2005
    Philippines
    uummm....I didnt know that, thanks