How do you carry spare mags?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by kb18no1, Feb 18, 2013.

1. 1. How do you carry a spare mag?
    2. What brand?
    3. IWB or OWB or other?

Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Massad Ayoob: Carrying Spare Ammunition for Self-Defense Carry Issues Jan 18, 2015
    Carrying Small Spare Magazines GATE Self-Defense Forum Nov 14, 2014
    How do you carry (or plan to carry) your spare AR mags? Survival/Preparedness Forum Oct 2, 2014
    How important is it to carry a spare bolt and firing pin Black Rifle Forum Aug 27, 2014
    Spare mag carry Carry Issues Apr 24, 2014

3. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member Gold Member

Don't remember the brand but got a single mag holder (hard side) with a spring-clip for about $12 from Bo ..... (they whose name shall not be mentioned).com. It was a friction type that held the mag very well.

4. I tried to make one myself, out of a knife pouch of all things..

Worked great for about 2 whole hours.

I am now in the process of trying to find a single mag pouch for a reasonable price, since I only have two 15 round mags and one of them is in the 19 when I'm carrying (even though I could legally carry the 33 round mags, I'd prefer not to when CCW'ing.. lol)

#3 GLOCK19FTW, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  5. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem
    2. Show Me Glockers

Galco single magazine carrier made from leather.
    It is leather worn on the outside of the belt and attached by a polymer J clip.

[​IMG]

I have several of them for different sized magazines. This one will fit double stack magazines fairly tightly.

6. I use a old cell phone holder, holds two 13 round G23 mags or one mag and a 5.11 ATAC-A1 flashlight, which is how I normally carry it...I figure 26 rounds and a flashlight is better than 39 rounds and in the dark....plus it conceals very well...looks like what it is supposed to look like....a phone holder..

7. Travelin' Jack

Travelin' Jack Misinformed

8. I just throw it in a pocket. No need to have another thing hiding on my belt.

molan labe

9. I would, but the problem with that is the pocket lint, loose tobacco that falls out from the pack, etc..

If I were to carry in pocket, it would need something covering the tip (where the bullets go)

10. Weak side(left for me) owb. Currently in a BlackHawk single mag carrier I got for 20 bucks at my LGS. I recently ordered a Mitch Rosen MBS express for 50 bucks plus shipping. I carry an XDM 3.8 .40.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. #11 Scott30, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  12. I carry a Glock 13 round mag for my model 30 in a Glock brand mag pouch OWB.

Your welcome.

13. I do not carry spare mag, I carry a spare handgun. Usually a Seecamp 380 or a S&W J frame.
    RJ

14. [​IMG]
    primarily the comp-tac tek-lok single on the left (for which i have one for each of my permit pistols).

15. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Nylon velcro flap made by Pass Port. Weak side OWB with the clip. When I carry my G19 I use one that will hold a G17 mag w/a plus 2 and when it is my PM9 I carry one that holds the 7 round extended. Sort of discrete/stealth if I have my shirt tucked in.

16. OWB in a Kytex mag pouch. Great product!!

17. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

OWB kydex, where do you get the comp-tac tek-lok?

Oh, and my car door has a G-22 mag, and my consol does to, so around my car or in my pocket I always have a spare.

18. Me too. I haven't needed to strip the mag and clean out the lint yet, either.

19. EBay seller that I know makes custom knife sheaths and mag holders. I went for a plain black one for a g17 mag for my g26. Here's a picture.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attached Files: