close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How do I take off the hand guards on my Bushmaster.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Two Guns, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    Hi, I am not sure if there is a trick or some thing but I can't get my factory hand guards of my Bushmaster Carbine. There are no bolts,screws or anything holding them in. I take and pull the ring down to get them out but they will not budge. Can any one out there give my some advice on taking these off? I know it has been a while since I was in the service but some thing is just not working right here. Thanks in advance.

2. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    I don't have a Bushmaster, but have two AR's with handguards retained by a delta ring. I push down on 1/2 of the delta ring at a time. I pull off the lower hand guard, then do the top hand guard.

If there is a 2nd person around, I'll have them hold down the delta ring while I install/remove hand guards.

I've been thinking of getting a hand guard tool to make things easier.

3. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    Thanks for the reply.I got them off. The reason I was having the problem was I was trying to take off the left and then the right instead of top and bottom. I guess some things do change through the years.

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Oh yeah the $12 you spend on the removal (and putting them back on) tool is well worth it IMO :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  5. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    Agreed. I just ordered one.

6. country85

country85

Jan 14, 2012
    Greentown, IN
    I should order one of those tools, I change hand guards like I change socks. :supergrin:

7. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    It involves sacrificing virgins. That's a far as I got. Then I just got the tool.

8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The tool, or 4 hands. Plastic handguards are a pain in the **** to get off.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012