close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How do I remove Limewire from Mac?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Romadoc, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Romadoc

Romadoc

Aug 26, 2000
    Sarasota, FL
    It seems to me that my latest download of Limewire 5 would allow sharing from my ITunes list. This is an unwanted invasion of other files.
    How then do I completely remove Limewire from my Imac?
    Also, if it is removed from Imac, will it then also be removed from my remote back-up?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia
    Usually with a Mac you just go to the applications folder and drag the program into the trash can. Very simple. Not sure about your remote backup. Usually those type of things back up files (pics, docs, movies, etc) and not applications.

Darin

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Its been a long time since I used Limewire, but I've used Frostwire quite a bit over the years, and I believe they are fairly similar. Can you assign Limewire folders to watch specific folders, and only those folders. Thats what I've done w/ Frostwire, and it never has been a problem.

IGF

4. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

Jan 19, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    rule of thumb. Do not install lime wire or any other P2P software. but that is just my opinion. :)

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Good advice...

If I didn't use Linux, I would not use either one. Limewire/Frostwire/etc, are all just wrought with viruses and spyware.

IGF