close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do I pack my 19 for shipment to Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cflglock, Aug 14, 2012.

1. cflglock

cflglock

Glock sent me a FedEx label to return my 19 for ejection problems. How should I pack it for shipment? Is it okay to wrap it good in bubble wrap and put it in a sturdy cardboard box or should I put it in the plastic case it came in and then pack that in a cardboard box?

2. tonyparson

tonyparson

I packed mine in the plastic case it came in and then pack that in a cardboard box when mine went in for repairs a few years ago.

3. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Put it in the case it came in, then put that in a shipping box.
    Don't box it up before you take it into the FedEx store, you may have to show them its unloaded.

4. tonyparson

tonyparson

You better call your FedEx store first about this. They told me to pack it up before bring it in, they did not want me messing with a handgun in the store with other customers around..

5. Fragman

Fragman

You can wrap it in bubble wrap and put it in cardboard box. If you don't put it in a case, they will send it back in a case.

Usually it has to go to a main distribution hub, not a FedEx store.

FedEx website will tell you what you need to know wrt stores vs distribution center..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Ya, better call to verify.
    I thought the same thing as what you were saying, but when I called to find out exactly what I had to do to ship a firearm they told me it had to go to a distribution center, and it had to be boxed up in store(they would tape it themselves) so they could make sure it was unloaded. They never did check, but it'd be better to call just incase the person I spoke to was wrong.

7. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

pack it in confetti. That way whoever opens the box will feel like they won something.

8. cflglock

cflglock

Thanks for the help. I took it in the plastic case to a distribution center. FedEx customer service packed it for me and attached the label and sent me on my way. I was very pleased with their service.