close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How come going back one page on some sites sends me to the top?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by UCF-Tacoma, Jul 16, 2005.

1. UCF-Tacoma

UCF-Tacoma Super Member

Feb 2, 2001
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/e38/

At the message board at that website, it always puts me back to the top of the page when I go back one when I was reading threads down the page. Other websites will return you to where on the site you were viewing.
    Is this caused by the site and there is nothing I can do or is there a setting I can change on this? I'm using windows XP and Firefox 1.0.4

2. I can duplicate that using Linux and FireFox. Interesting. I wondered that myself.

One thing you can try is using the middle mouse button to open a new tab on the thread you want to read, leaving the original tab open at the place you middle-clicked. When done reading the thread on the new tab, click the red x on the tab bar and the new tab will disappear leaving the original page where you left it.

3. UCF-Tacoma

UCF-Tacoma Super Member

Feb 2, 2001
    I do regularly use the tabs but I never thought about doing it constantly to avoid this. I guess that's the easiest way to solve it. Thanks for the reply