Glock Talk banner

How are the Korean GLOCK mags holding up?

37K views 60 replies 46 participants last post by  branned 
#1 ·
Checking up on this again. Inquirying minds want to know...

#28 · (Edited)
My experience with the KCI magazines are as follow: I have tested 20 KCI magazines and of the 20 tested I had the same malfunction. Magazines tested were KCI for the Glock 17 and the Glock 19.

15 of the 20 had the same malfunction.

After the last round is fired the slide will not stay in the most rear position. The magazine springs are a very poor quailty and are not durable enough to hold tention against the follower in order to hold the slide back after the last round is fired.

I recommend that until the springs are replaced by KCI, that the use for these magazines should be for training only and not for personal protection.

Good luck to thoses that think otherwise.

#29 ·
It ain't like I got $ to throw away, but I'm only puttin' real Glock stuff in that mag hole.
I'm gonna "dance with the one that brung me".
I'm gonna support Glock, not some knock off company.
There ARE parts not made by Glock I'll use, but they are few and far between.

#30 ·
With factory Glock magazines available just about everywhere for about $20 each why bother with knock-offs?

#31 ·
OK, I've just tried out my 33rd 'Victory' mags.. WOW!!! flawless, side by side they look just like the Glock mags with the exception of a small crease in the side of the mag from molding and of course no 'glock' logo, other then that IDENTICAL stampings, metal linings etc. Outstanding quality finish, spring seems very durable although I haven't taken it apart to compare springs. After loading around 30 rounds the last 3 were a little more difficult. You can load the first 15 by hand with some effort after that you need a speed loader. I had no hiccups at all, I would recommend the Victory mags to anyone who wants hi capacity mags, I bought (3) 33rounders for $15 each compared to Glocks at $45 each, 3 for 1. I'm so impressed with the quality of these mags compared to pro-mag, or kci that I may even buy 15 and 17 rounders if the price is reasonable. I found these mags at Botach Tactical ( sponsor here) they only have them in 33 rds.. Again I'd like to get my hands on some 17's, as I'm sure the fit and finish is the same quality. 33rds is a little excessive but fun to play with and good to know I have them if I ever need them if the sky starts falling...

#33 ·
At a shoot last evening I had the baseplate on a Korean mag break.
I ejected the mag with 2 rounds left in it onto a concrete floor at an unheated range and the base plate fractured. The spring shot out and the two rounds spilled out.

I have been running Korean model 17 mags (not sure if Kahn or the other brand as they are not marked with a brand) for a while and have had no problems with feeding. I did swap out to factory glock springs in a couple of them just to try that combo. The one that broke did have a factory glock spring that I bought from Numrich. No failures to feed yet. The mags do seem hard to load at first but the springs do seem to wear in and loading becomes easier.

I'm going to see if stock glock baseplates fit and maybe try running those. None of the glock mags, or the other Korean I was using last night fractured with the same treatment.

rube

#34 ·
Korean Mag springs lasted me through 4 days of tactical school, after which, slide would not stay open on empty mag (not enough pressure to push the slide stop up). Mag springs then are very much shortened when removed.

I have yet to wear out a Glock mag.

Replace worn springs with Wolf gunspring replacements at ~$5/ea. + shipping and you are just shy of the cost of one Glock factory mag, which last a whole lot longer.

Springs in the "korean" mags were visually much weaker than the Glock or Wolf springs.

#40 ·
It ain't like I got $ to throw away, but I'm only puttin' real Glock stuff in that mag hole.
I'm gonna "dance with the one that brung me".
I'm gonna support Glock, not some knock off company.
There ARE parts not made by Glock I'll use, but they are few and far between.
Same here. I think my seven 33 round GLOCK magazines average about $23.00 each. That was a couple of years ago and they were on sale, but still, that's what I paid for them. I only use Glock mags in my Glocks. I don't have to wonder if they are going to work or not.

#42 ·
I bought a lot of mine for $7 each brand new. Consider I got three times as many mags as a factory Glock magazine for the same price, I came out ahead. Same with the $16 33rd mags I paid.

Now I have plenty of factory mags of all sizes, but these make excellent training mags if nothing else. Heck, from what I've seen, and my own personal experience with them, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for carry.

#44 ·
my two 15rd .40 KCI mags came in today, and from now on i will never buy any other mags than GLOCK. I know im a newbie to glocks/firearms in general, but first look at the mags you can tell they are defiantly not of good as quality as glock. And i was expecting this cause they were only 9 bucks a pop, so it didnt bother me.

The problem is that one of the two magazines you have to basically SHOVE it into the gun and have to yank it out to get the mag out. Also, in both of them loading them past 11 for me was dam near impossible, i will probably have a blister on my thumb tomorrow lol. Just pressing down on the spring will cause the plate?(not sure of its name) to get stuck. I have a GLOCK 15 round mag so i tried swapping the springs out into the KCI mag, it helped a little. I was able to get all 15 rounds into the magazine, not easily though. It took me probably three times longer to load the KCI than the GLOCK mag. Even with the GLOCK spring in, the rounds would still get stuck when i tried to push them out with my thumb. i don't have this problem at all with the GLOCK mag.

I have not brought these magazines to the range yet and i don't think i will ever will, they will probably go in the trash. I wouldn't trust these at all for concealed carry due to possibility of a fail to fire or jam. and that's my .02 cents

#49 ·
I just installed and tested a KKM 40- 9mm conversion barrel in a G23, along with 4 KCI 15 rd 9 mm mags. The first 60 rounds were flawless. However the next 60 rounds I encountered 6 "stovepipes". I used the 4 KCIs in my G26 without problems a few weeks ago. No, i didn't install a 9mm ejector in the G23. That may be an option next. However, It will be with Glock OEM mags, not with 4 nockoffs which are in a 55 gallon trash can at the range. To be fair, they may work better in a 9mm Glock G19, but, I don't plan to buy one to see that happen. :whistling::dunno:As a note, I have used Khan 17 rounders in my G24 with a KKM 40- 9mm conversion barrel .40 ejector and did not have a problem . Will report any further tests.

#50 ·
I bought four KCI mags. They came in today.

I have not fired them yet, however, I did load them all and feed them through my 19 to ensure they would all feed.

All four fed. No issues, the slide locked at empty.

I will get to the range this weekend and try them out.

IMO even of the springs go out and I have to replace the springs with Wolf @ $5 a piece, the mags cost me $7, so for a total investment of $12 a mag to be reliable, that is still half the cost of a Glock magazine.

However, with all that said, I will only carry my Glock mags. The KCIs are for the range and training. IMO if they do fail to feed, it is good practice. ;)

#51 ·
I ordered 2 G17 and 2 G19 Mags. When I first got them the one thing that kind of worried me was how hard it was to feed ammo into them once they're close to being full. They also didn't feel as 'smooth' as the factory mags when feeding. I did have one out of the four have a couple rounds pop out after setting fulling loaded on the self.

All and all I feel they're great mags. I didn't have one problem at the range with any of them. I feel they're a great value, and I would order again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.