close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How are HK night sights?

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by cowboy1964, Nov 5, 2012.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

Considering finally picking up a USP Compact. Have the option of getting night sights for about $70 more than without. Worth it, or get Trijis or something else?

(I'm assuming they are HK stock night sights, haven't confirmed yet)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 cowboy1964, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

USP 45 Stainless Compact I got NIB years ago had standard
    three dot green Trijicon's if I remember correctly?

I personally put XS 24/7 Express Big Dots on my HKs.
    (HK45C/P30/P2000)

I think the new HK45CTs may come with Meps?

#2 barth, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  3. NEOH212

NEOH212
    Expand Collapse
    Diesel Girl

I'm not sure what HK is using for factory Night sights these days. I run Trijicon's on just about everything. I like the fact that Trijicon is supposed to have the HD series available for some HK's pretty soon. I might have to try a set and see how I like them.

As Barth stated, the factory night sights may be Mepro's now. That's not a bad thing though. They make a great sight and one thing I like better about them over Trijicon is the white dots in the sights are under the lens rather than painted on the sight. The Triji's are notorious for the white paint coming off from oil, solvent and the like.

I use the Trijicons because I find them to be a little brighter than the Mepro's and they seem to stay brighter longer. Other than that and the white dot issue, there isn't any difference.

Your good to go either way. If it was me, as long as the sights that come on the gun aren't dead or real dim, I'd stick with them until they needed replaced unless they don't suit your tastes!

:wavey:

4. sns3guppy

sns3guppy
    Expand Collapse

The last HK pistol I bought that had night sights, a P2000SK a few years ago, were trijicons, I believe. They're fine, though I like sights with a little more white around the front. I really like XS sights (not necessarily big dot).

The last HK pistol I bought was a HK45C, which came with the factory sights, eventually to be replaced with Heinie sights.

5. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge
    Expand Collapse
    "The Sarge"

HK factory standard NS are now Meprolight. They are the only NS now recommended by HK. Bill

6. gtmtnbiker98

gtmtnbiker98
    Expand Collapse

If it's from Cross Creek they'll be Meps but Mike can also get Trijicons. IMO, Trijicons are not worth $130 compared to $70 for Meps.

#6 gtmtnbiker98, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

This is from Top Gun Supply near Cleveland.

8. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE
    Expand Collapse
    Leonum A Ignis

HK factory night sights are Meprolight Tru-Dots. I run Trijicons on all my Glocks, and the factory Mepros on most of my HK's.

Never had a single problem with either.

For $70 more... go for it! Spend the extra money now for factory installed/zeroed sights and forget about having to install NS later that will require an expensive sight pusher to do the job properly.

Buy once, cry once. In the long run it's money well spent and you won't regret it.

9. carloglock19

carloglock19
    Expand Collapse

I got Meps on mine and they are good to go!

10. MarcDW

MarcDW
    Expand Collapse
    MDW Guns
    Millennium Member

I would install Trijicon afterwards.
    This way you can get two color, like green/yellow and you can be sure they are Trijicon.
    I like them a lot better then the Mepros, but that is just a personal preference.
    One thing you have to be aware of is, that installing sights on a HK takes more work/time then like on a Glock.
    So far I always had to fit them and I installed about 20+ of them so far.