close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

House Bill 6658 will take away your firearms!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by akula, Aug 20, 2009.

1. akula

akula
    Expand Collapse
    BizDuc NM
    Millennium Member

:steamed:

this is from another forum :

:crying:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

3. saki1611

saki1611
    Expand Collapse
    BOG's #1611

why not ammend the penalty of Reckless Imprudence instead? especially against reckless drivers and Driving Under the Influence, statistically there are much numbers of death because of this.

4. sig-glock

sig-glock
    Expand Collapse

i for one dont have a problem with the bill. as far as from what i read on the above post, it does not have an effect on legally owned and carried firearms.

no. 5 will stop the BG from finding loopholes in our laws. eg.if you discharge an illegal firearm without aiming at a person, your charge for causing a scene and not for carrying an illegal firearm(remember the case with the foreigner).

no. 3 i totally agree with.

no. 1 will stop those BG's who uses airsoft pistols and ar's foor robbery's etc.

no.2 i can see why they would want to do this but can see scenarios which would make things unfair to people.

no.4 i disagree unless a more detailed description of what is classified as light arms. i tend to agree with this if something like a .50 calibre barret rifle is prohibited to civilians. there's just no justification for ownership of such a thing by your average individual.
    *i think they meant yung light machine guns though (yung may external drum) which would make it the same as to the restrictions we have now.

yet we dont know what other loopholes are allowed with said bill. baka may exemptions pa rin like what we have now na bawal (sort of) ang ownership ng long firearms for civilians unless idaan mo by transfer or amnesty....

just my opinion....

#4 sig-glock, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  5. 3kings

3kings
    Expand Collapse
    SalingPusa

6. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

# 1 would go against the definition of what a firearm is. Are they that stupid?

#2 So much for the presumption of innocence. Remember it is the cops that are supposed to prove that you are violating the law, not the other way around.

#3 Reminds me of what two Malaysians who I lent my rifle and pistol for an afternoon (with me around of course) told me. In Malaysia illegal possession of firearms is punishable by hanging. Thus, any felon with a firearm is apt to kill with it, he's got nothing to lose, it's the noose either way.

#4 So much for our ARs, as these accept the Beta C-Mag, among others.

#5 I'm not so sure...But it's easier to prove illegal possession of firearms, prove possession, and get a certification from FED that either the firearm is unlicensed, or no PTC or PTT was issued for it.

Anyway just my view on the matter.

7. nrmcolt

nrmcolt
    Expand Collapse
    What?

Answer: YES

8. jimbullet

jimbullet
    Expand Collapse

If they are wanting to impose item 1, this appears to be taken from british laws where airsofts and airguns are indeed classified as firearms requiring license depending on several factors which include age, power of the air rifle/ pistol (i.e. some airguns do produce strength similar to the 22 short/ 22LR).

Congress should however consider practicalities and that this law is not appropriate in Asian/ Phils setting. Too many loose guns out there

9. MERCMADE

MERCMADE
    Expand Collapse
    BULLET PROOF

We should stop ranting and we should organaize ourselves. Our gun rights have been trampled on for so long by these enept lawmakers who dont understand the repercussions of their laws. We should have a voice, I am sure there are alot of us. We have Progun but admit it or not, most of us are guilty of being to lazy to make stand.

10. user

user
    Expand Collapse
    VaLegalDefense

Someone's been sending out fake alerts about horrible actions in House and Senate bills. This has two obvious effects. First, it causes alarm resulting in people who are interested in protecting their right to self defense to flood the fax machines and email of legislators with nonsense. Secondly, it will, over time, deaden people to real threats, such that they will not react appropriately when a real threat shows up.

The only thing we can do is be diligent in checking each threat, and then ignoring the fakes.

Wait ... there is one other thing: start publishing false reports of legislative actions designed to allow crazed gun owners free rein to shoot up towns and cities with fully automatic weapons.

11. nitrox920

nitrox920
    Expand Collapse

Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. [1] The subject may deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether (simple denial), admit the fact but deny its seriousness (minimization) or admit both the fact and seriousness but deny responsibility (projection).....

12. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

I agree. I am willing to be organized. Whatever we think of Progun, it is the only one we got. Progun is better than nothing. If you guys have another idea of bringing up another group other than Proguns let me know, I'm in. In any case, we need to be united and get organized.

13. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

lapit na eleksyon
    pwede yan party list para may ngipin

14. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

too late tapos na ang registering of party list :( - and party list is for marginalized sector only. YEAH right

15. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

kunwari mga poor tayo....

16. 9MX

9MX
    Expand Collapse
    Rei!

ako poor talaga:yawn:

17. saki1611

saki1611
    Expand Collapse
    BOG's #1611

anong poor ka? sabihin mo poor-oo:tongueout:h ka kalokohan!

18. Poodle

Poodle
    Expand Collapse

Saan website me kopya nung proposed house bill?

19. Clusterbomb

Clusterbomb
    Expand Collapse

A repressive government will always disarm its population first. We are not yet there but this House Bill if passed, will tighten the gun control screws in that direction. A creeping prelude to emergency rule?

20. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

Kung pwede mga sabungero, pwede din mga poor gunowners.