close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hotmail e-mail security issue and question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by pat701, Sep 6, 2013.

1. pat701

pat701

Feb 2, 2005
    Beyond OZ
    I use my Hotmail e-mail as my primary e-mail and get all my notifacations thru it. $ days ago when i loged in Hoymail stated that they are concerned with "my security" and wanted to send me a security code to an old hotmail e-mail address i havn't used in 7 years. I clicked cancel and the Hotmail asked for my phone # to send me the security code. There is no way with all this NSA spying that i will give Hotmail my cell# to give me a security code!! They claim i have 4 more days to get my security code. This looks like it comes from hotmail and not a scam or bugus. What should i do? I want to keep this free Hotmail account as everyone and everthing i do reply to this E-mail address. If i do nothing (what i am doing now) will this stuff just go away? I have been using hotmail for over 15 years and never gotten this crap before from Hotmail.

2. havensal

havensal Nozzle Jockey CLM

Aug 14, 2003
    Western, NY
    I have many email addresses, so I just used my gmail address that I don't use often.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

May 21, 2011
    North-Central Florida
  4. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I don't remember where I read it, but I read that the free email companies are going to be cleaning up their accounts that have been inactive for long periods of time. Maybe I saw it on Foxnews. Anyway, they were saying that if you have an account that you haven't accessed for several years, it would be getting closed down. Maybe this is part of that?

5. pat701

pat701

Feb 2, 2005
    Beyond OZ
    I just opened another Hotmail account that i have no intention to use. I will give them that hotmaill addy to send me my "privacy code" so i can keep the active account active. I have 3 days to give them my e-mail or phone# to get the code. I signed out hoping that i would get the warning when i signed back in but no warning.
    The warning isn't a e-mail i get it when i sign into Hotmail. That way i assume it is legit, but i am an old man and not a computer geek.