close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hot Wells Shooting Range in NW Houston

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by 12131, Aug 18, 2007.

1. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    Anyone shoots there, or works there? Recently moved to the NW Houston area. First time shooting there today. They won't let you use silhouette for practice. WTF?

2. nuparadigm

nuparadigm

Aug 12, 2004
    Houston area
    I haven't been there in years; moved to Fort Bend County and lost track of the place. Do they ban IDPA/IPSC targets as well?

3. breech

breech

Aug 26, 2004
    T E X A S
    I try to stay away from Hot Wells. I found it way too unorganized and unsafe. The last and only time I was there (~3 years ago) the targets were placed really low to the ground. There weren't any range officers there. Just a kid with a bag full of targets running out and putting them up when the line was "clear". Things might have changed since then. I don't care to find out.

4. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    There were more "range officers" than shooters that I notice. Just a bunch of kids wearing the orange T-shirts. And yes, one with a bag full of targets putting them up when the line was "clear".
    I don't know about the IDPA targets. But, when I was pulling out my silhouette to put it up, the guy said, "Sorry Sir, you're not allowed to use that." All they let you shoot was the lillte bullls-eye targets. Hell, they won't even let you double tap.
    There was one area where I saw a cop instructing a class, where they use the silhouette. Everywhere else, bulls-eye.
    Well, I won't be going back there.

5. breech

breech

Aug 26, 2004
    T E X A S
    Check out ASC when you get a chance. It's a bit more expensive but much safer and way more organized. They take safety seriously.
    Yes you can post up IDPA and IPSC targets. Silhouette targets are fine.

http://www.amshootcenters.com/

6. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    Oh, I know ASC. I used to shoot there all the time. It's just a little farther from me now, and Hot Wells was pretty close by, so I thought I should check it out. Looks like I'll be going back to ASC.