close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hosting services

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by gwalchmai, Nov 9, 2005.

1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    I have two company websites that are currently hosted at Earthlink and Bellsouth. I'm looking at other hosting options and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks.

2. pyblood

pyblood

Dec 22, 2003
    Mississippi
    That’s so funny. My company has 2 websites. One is hosed by Bellsouth and the other with EarthLink. The guy that manages the websites got a little mad with BS when they made some changes, but both have been pretty good. I have been having some problems with our domain email through EarthLink for the past few days. It has been going in and out. The problem will probably be fixed pretty soon.

I would check around, because some hosting companies have had some pretty good deals lately.

3. bohr

bohr rm -rf /

Apr 11, 2003
    FL
  4. Egyas

Egyas Troll Hater

I use "1 and 1 Internet Services" for my hosting. I find them good, affordable, and stable.

http://www.1and1.com

5. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    godaddy.com is supposed to be good.

i've heard it's a pain though if you want to move away from them - can't verify it though.

6. grokdesigns

grokdesigns

Dec 23, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
  7. Soybomb

Soybomb Optimistic Fool

Aug 25, 2005
    Low
    Do you need it to be hosted on a particular os or with a certain server side scripting language?

Personally I think http://www.pair.com/ is one of the top hosts in the business.

8. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    I'd like "everything", but at this point our needs are simple - Perl, PHP, and MySQL. I'll look at that link.

9. gamegod86

gamegod86 Male Lesbian

Feb 24, 2003
    Middle Tennessee, USA
    I like www.aplushosting.com.

They have very good customer service (although they are not very newbie tolerant. Matter of fact, at one time, they had a message in the FAQ that said if you email a question from an AOL account, don't expect a response.)

I have been using A+ for a pretty good while, and I have 2 sites hosted by them. I am a happy camper.

Gwalch, I am pretty sure that they handle that stuff, but I am still on the lower end of geekdom, so YMMV.