Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Hospital + Inmate = BORED!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by UrbanOps, Dec 19, 2011.

1. UrbanOps

Jan 5, 2007
    Just getting ready to go 10-41 this evening and I get a call from my SGT. to head to the hospital to sit with a guy. Looks like I'll be here all night with him.

Long story short, take your meds for your conditions so you don't end up on a vent, sedated with a hose up your **** to pee while a Deputy is bored to tears. Unfortunately you can't fix stupid.
  2. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

Sep 20, 2004
    I've spent many nights doing just this. Thankfully, the nurses here take good care of us, and make sure they come by and give us coffee. They also gave me the wireless password so I can surf around on my droid.

Good times.

3. UrbanOps

Jan 5, 2007
    He keeps trying to jump up in his sedated state. I just about broke his wrist trying to keep him under control while nurses made their way in. They don't want to restrain him because they don't want to document it...sheezzz...I have to now lol.
  4. I'm assuming your version of 10-41 means something different than our use which is "Possible Computer Match Now Confirmed." You can use english here since 10 code usage varies quite a bit. :whistling:
  5. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Mar 29, 2005
    Yeah, I was wondering what a tow truck had to do with this!
  6. SAR

Apr 17, 2004
    LA LA Land
    The last time I had to do an overnight hospital detail, there were no cellphones and no internet. Talk about suckage.
  7. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Jul 2, 2005
    Pretty sure he meant he was about to go in service, on duty, or whatever variation works.
  8. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    10-41 = Beginning Tour of Duty

...or at least it did, before we switched to clear text.
  9. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    Hospital run + Acer Iconia wifi tablet + free wifi at said hospital + Netflix app = easy money

10. I always hated having to babysit ****bags. Always thought thats what CO's were for...:supergrin:
  11. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Easy brother. That's what we're all for when it is needed. :wavey:

As to inmates: in custody of any level is at least attached to something, like a bed. If the person is not yet given a custody level, as far as I am concerned that person is the same as max custody and will be treated as such concerning security, in a diplomatic fashion concerning anything else.

We have our tools, including the company cell phone; restraint equipment, and weapons as necessary. Officially we do not have our own devices on duty.
  12. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    Hmm...sitting in an environmentally controlled comfortable hospital, watching Netflix on my 10 inch tablet, enjoying the scenery (lots of cute nurses)...or, taking an accident report (in the 40° rain) from some retard who insists "they came out of nowhere", when she was really texting and putting on makeup AT THE SAME TIME, while attempting to drive.

Hard choice, that.
  13. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Complacency kills. Especially in hospitals babysittimg custodies.

Be vigilant.
  14. rookie1

Mar 3, 2009
    We did?

I hate sitting in the hospital. It is deep enough in the building that cell phones don't work. Feels like 12 hours go buy and you look, only 2.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

15. Haha, just funnin' guys! :supergrin:

Babysitting detail is indeed a nice break every now and then. Got old pretty fast, however, considering there was no wireless and a serious lack of hot nurses at the hospital on my old beat. :crying:

16. rookie1

Mar 3, 2009
    We have a real nice group of ladies that work at the huge hospital in my city.
  17. Mark9Fogger

Mark9Fogger Headed to WA

We do 3-day 12-hour shifts in hospitals and rehab centers in a major city in NV. Lots of cute nurses to make the time go by and several excellent all-you-can-eat sushi joints to finish off the day. It's a welcome break from the constant dealing with scumbags (inmates and/or a few staff). The inmate under your supervision is usually on their best behavior.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  18. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

All you can eat sushi? Interesting. I would settle for some good ol Korean food; Mexican; Russian; German. OK I'm a gourmand.
  19. Mark9Fogger

Mark9Fogger Headed to WA

I am a sushi freak so that's why I mentioned it! But there are plenty of other spots to eat for non-sushi folks.
  20. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    The whiny little college kids in my town have learned if you scream for medical attention you'll most likely sit in the ER and not jail.

I have spent a few nights waiting in the ER here recently. Oh well, blood always goes about .02 higher than breath:supergrin: so it rarely helps their case.