close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hornady Zombie Max

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by 3000fps, Dec 2, 2011.

1. 3000fps

3000fps
    Expand Collapse

Late night boredom got me to wondering,

What problems could you run in to if you had this loaded in your firearm and had to use the gun in self-defense?

I have seen a lot of guys purchase this lately, It looks to be a regular critical defense or duty round with a green polymer tip.

Would this be "demonized" like the infamous black talon?

[​IMG]

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

Well, if you ended up having to shoot an Obama campaign worker in self-defense, the Zombie ammo might be used as an argument to establish premeditation...:supergrin:

But, seriously...

It's pretty clear that Hornady brought this out as a "novelty packaging" item, bought more as a conversation piece, like John Wayne Commemorative ammo or something like that. I'd worry more about the other side arguing that the user was frivolous, and didn't take seriously the responsibilities attendant to keeping or carrying a deadly weapon. If you like this type of ammo, take the worry out of it by loading up with the same company's Critical Defense ammo instead.

best,
    Mas