close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hornady Zombie Max Ammo... REALLY?!

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by SGT278ACR, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

For the thousandth time... No 10MM? **** off!

2. Marred

Marred

Doe anyone know how the Critical Defense ammo does on sales?
    If CD is only for snubbies then maybe it doesn't sell that well and if that's the case and if Zombie Max is CD but just a different box and color then this is marketing genius.

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

The 10mm is used when nuking it from orbit, just to be sure.......

:supergrin:

4. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

That's exactly what I did.

A box for me, and a box each for two friends.

Mine sits on the shelf, and I'll never use it (unless there really is a zombie apocalypse, LOL.)

I for one am OK with sometimes giving money to an American firearms industry company, even if the product is an overpriced, blatant marketing gimmick.

5. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Any bullet that gets into the brain is gonna stop a zombie. A .22LR would do the job in most cases.

My preferred zombie gun (real zombies, not just rioting hoards) would be a Glock 17 with a quality laser sight (zeroed for about 15 yards), a threaded barrel w/ a suppressor (so shots are quiet and don't attract other zombies), and a bunch of hi-cap mags. I'd be using plain jane 115 gr. FMJ ammo.

IMO, a shotgun is a poor choice as a zombie apocalypse gun. What happens when you have to take out about 20-25 zombies and your shotgun only holds 8-9 shells, max? Not to mention it's overkill and your shoulder will be upset with you after you've killed about 20-30 dead heads. And also not to mention it's heavy and so is the ammo.

But hey, whatever. I have a 12 gauge, two pistols and an AR-15. Any will do the job.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Decomposition aside, a zombie's skull is no harder to penerate than yours or mine...don't ask me how I know.

7. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Never put anything through anything's skull, but I believe ya. SRSLY. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  8. Leigh

Leigh

Kidding OF COURSE, but anytime I read a zombie-related thread, I tend to let my mind wander....

9. unit1069

unit1069

Yes, and that's why my dedicated zombie gun is a Ruger Mark II with 6 7/8" barrel. Ammo is relatively cheap, and even the premium .22lr ammo is a bargain compared to other calibers that don't really yield any better self-defense against the walking dead.

Just look at all the videos of zombie attacks. You want to load yourself down with heavy high caliber ammo when you can pack three times the ammo knowing that when these hordes suddenly appear on the scene ready to rip you to shreds you need to be prepared and mobile?

"One shot, one kill" for zombies is my rule of thumb. It used to be that these unfortunate once-alive corpses would amble up to a live human just begging to be put out of their misery, but say goodbye to the good ole' days, my friends. The recent variety run very fast and are extremely starved for human blood, so it's best to have as much ammo as possible, with a quality weapon that can deliver accurate head shots close in or at distance.

Sure, a .22lr rifle is good, but since these walking dead can come out of nowhere any time 24/7 I prefer a top-flight handgun with at least 30 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag, Stinger, or Velocitor at the ready with a lot more of bulk pack Federal in reserve for backup.

All else failing my fallback plan is to fall onto the hand grenade before these monsters turn me into one of them.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  10. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

The leftist liberals have hissie fits over ordinary hollow point bullets. Imagine what a liberal prosecutor would do if a shooter used this exotic ammo in a shooting. The jury would be painted for sure.

11. wlkjr

wlkjr

I think all the Zombie talk is a bunch of silliness. On the other hand, I did buy a box of the Zmax because it was cheaper. I'm not concerned about my 10MM with Grim Reaper slide lock cover. Or the amount of big holes in an intruder. Have not come across any Critical Defense ammo for the 10 yet although it is made.
    I'm surprised someone doesn't make a brand call Red Kryptonite claiming "this stuff would kill Superman". They could really have a field day with that.

12. SCmasterblaster

Yes, an ignorant jury would have a field day with such nonsense.

13. nursetim

nursetim

I was at a lgs and he showed me this and I expressed disdain at the very concept of zombie branded anything. He's told me that they were making more of the zombie stuff and thus charging less for the exact same stuff only green putty.

14. SCmasterblaster

Can you iamgine what a jury would think when an attorney tells then that you used ZOMBIE ammunition to shoot the poor dead criminal. :shocked:

15. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Green maybe???

:tongueout:

16. SCmasterblaster

Yes, green is the likely color. :cool:

17. JW1178

JW1178

A prosecuter won't get a case based upon that, and if he does, well, when the facts are laid out, he will just look stupid.

Anyone who uses the word Zombie seriously loses all professional creditability anyways. It's like talking about ghosts, gobblins, vampires, warewolves, fairies, UFO's and the such. I mean really, if the lawyer gets up and said "he shot the burgler with ammo that was designed for zombies..." and that would probably be the end of his career.

18. M 7

M 7

In a perfect world, maybe.

Prosecutors come in all flavors, some of 'em are honorable folks and some of 'em...well...not so much.

All he has to do is display the box of ammo with that goofy advertizing on it to the jury and he paints the defendant instantly as some delusional nut- whether the defendant is or isn't- the prosecutor has planted that seed in the juror's minds. The prosecutor isn't saying that he himself believes in such things, just that the defendant must somehow subscribe to the notion.

It's not a risk that I'd be willing to take.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  19. jetttstream

jetttstream

This is perfect!

20. Indianashooter

Indianashooter

I currently carry Zombie Max in my G 19. They're darn accurate! What is everyone's problem with this? I will continue to carry them until I can catch a sale on Gold Dots. As others have said, it's just Critical Defense ammo with a different color. I carry Critical Defense stuff in my Smith 642. The Zombie Max/Critical Defense ammo is some of the most accurate stuff I've ever fired.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012