close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hornady Zombie ammo and Lawyers

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by meangreenlx50, Oct 24, 2011.

1. meangreenlx50

meangreenlx50
    Expand Collapse

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

With that out of the way, what does Hornady (I like the products they make, I really do) expect is going to happen with ammo that is exactly like the regular line of self defense and hunting line is used in self defense with a disclaimer like the one above. I'm not usually on the doom and gloom some lawyer is gonna get ya bandwagon, but this one seems really easy for any scumbag lawyer and the media to get on to someone about. Just throwing it out for people to chew on.:devilish:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

So what? First, don't carry the Zombie Max box around with you. Second, the police don't care what kind of ammo you used. Third, if the ammo is just like the regular kind (not exploding nuclear xtreme shok), it will make no difference in a justified shooting.

Of course, if you are a nut who shoots when he shouldn't or does stupid things that lead to a shooting, the Zombie Max, your gun choice and everything else about you could be used to make you look more like a nut.

If I shot somebody and the police asked what kind of ammo I was using, I'd say Hornady.

3. John Rambo

John Rambo
    Expand Collapse
    Raven

"Mr. Meangreen, am I to understand that on the nite of September 5th, you thought my client Marques Hugo Santo-Domingo Jackson was, in fact, a zombie?

I repeat, Mr. Meangreen, did you think my client was a member of the walking dead risen from the grave to feast on your flesh?!

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, if the glove does not fit, you must aquit! No more questions, your honor."

Yeah, that would be a memorable court case.

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Nothing to "chew" on. It's called creative marketing.

:supergrin:

5. meangreenlx50

meangreenlx50
    Expand Collapse

The topic of this ammo came up as my uncle and I drove to the range for our usual off (work) Mondays. He didn't know about it till I told him on Sat. He said he checked Midway and they were sold out. So yeah the marketing is genuis, but with all the boogie man lawyer discussions that go on I was suprised someone else at least hadn't brought this up even for some general discussion. I think that JR is in the ballpark with the possible court proceedings, but I also agree Ben it makes as much sense as being brought in to court and having your marksmanship questioned ( ie you shoot expert, marksman whatever the grading) because you didn't shoot to wound, like you can make a deadly projectile less deadly just by trying not to aim for the largest target, forget the people behind the target.

6. Ethereal Killer

Ethereal Killer
    Expand Collapse

I personally thought the disclaimer was one of the better parts of the marketing!! They made it palatable and funny and made thier legal point all in one statement. Genius if you ask me.

7. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

What if Zombie Ammo was used in a Judge pistol???

(We could start a really nice Fiction book over that one! :tongueout: )

8. id1otbox

id1otbox
    Expand Collapse

Good for them. Not afraid of bs.

9. 07hemi4me

07hemi4me
    Expand Collapse

I think the Hornady Zombie ammo would be good on Lawyers.

10. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Lawyers.

Zombies.

You would HAVE to take a head shot. No heart to shoot.

:tongueout:

11. writwing

writwing
    Expand Collapse

The police may not care but a prosecutor would. A justified shooting is in the eye of the beholder. I know of one chief prosecutor that does not believe in the right to carry and she is free to do as she wishes. While she may not attack the 2nd outright, she does make it tough for gun owners who are brought to her district.

12. jellis11

jellis11
    Expand Collapse
    Yippee-ki-yay

lol exactly!

Although I'm sure someone would post about the exact zombie max brain destroyer 55gr kind online 23 minutes later. :supergrin:

13. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

It's a novelty item. Why would you carry it for self defense?

14. RevToTheRedline

RevToTheRedline
    Expand Collapse

My question is, I wonder if big/small or any local gun shops will be carrying it.. I'd kinda like a box or two just a keepsake for the box art.

15. Jake Starr

Jake Starr
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. So buy some now because it will be a limited run and later more people will want to buy it just for the novelty of it.

16. HexHead

HexHead
    Expand Collapse

First of all, I think all this zombie nonsense is just plain dumb. I'm amazed a company like Hornady would even be connected to it.

17. Master_Blaster1911

Master_Blaster1911
    Expand Collapse
    Predatory

Bogeymen everywhere.

Psssst, the absolute garanteed 100% certain means to NOT being prosecutied for shooting someone is to not shoot someone.

Soooo... don't carry, don't own guns. Never be near guns.

For those who worry about being persecuted by an anti-2A prosecutor on this board... when was the last time you read your statutes on legal use of force? When was the last time you practiced.

Logic says having a command of the law and knowing how the shoot are much better protections against being jammed up than worrying about Zombie ammo.

18. Cruiser1

Cruiser1
    Expand Collapse
    Still Alive

This past weekend Hornady had their official rolling road show set up at a local gun shop. I asked the rep about this ammo and he said that he had never heard of it. I told him that it is being promoted on the company web site. He basically told me that it was the stupidest idea that he had ever heard of coming out of the marketing dept. He also agreed with me that it could be an made an issue if the ammo was used in an actual shooting justified or not.

19. Brian Lee

Brian Lee
    Expand Collapse
    Drop those nuts

I don't see any serious legal issue here because nobody will ever go to court with any kind of valid legal argument that successfully proves exactly what a zombie really is, whether they exist, or whether zombies truly represent an actual threat to anyone. Same would apply if they made anti-werewolf ammo or "anti creature-from-the-black-lagoon" ammo.

But of course if they started selling "Witch Killer" ammo, then the ACLU would have already filed a class action suit on behalf of thousands of Wiccans & Pagans, since there really are people who call themselves witches, and it wouldn't matter that they can't even prove they really are witches, nor would it matter that there is really no set legal definition of just what a witch is. Hornady would be accused of trying to exterminate a religious group that actually exists and uses the name.

Anyone care to join me in the establishment of the Church of the Zombies? We'll sue and get rich!!:rofl:

20. Lampshade

Lampshade
    Expand Collapse

Sure, but logic also dictates that when the stakes are as high as they are in the aftermath of a shooting, it makes sense to be informed about all possibly relevant issues.

Would I use a novelty ammo for carry that specifically stated it is not to be used against people? Hell no.

Just like a "Punisher" backplate doesn't make a legal self defense shooting illegal, it is certainly something a prosecuting attorney can bring up and use to bias a jury against a shooter if things do go to trial.

A "jury of your peers" doesn't mean 12 Glock Talk members.

#20 Lampshade, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011