close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Honda VTX1300C

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by hapuna, Mar 2, 2005.

1. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Washington
  2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    How much are you willing to spend? BMW R1200C is no longer imported into the US and they're trying to get rid of the last ones. You can get some serious deals. Financing is at 0.9%, BMW pays the first five payments AND you can negotiate with the dealership for quite a bit of reduction from the MSRP.

R1200C Classic

R1200C Montauk

The Montauk just has some additional stuff as standard items instead of as options.

3. Wetrudgeon

Wetrudgeon

Feb 10, 2001
    Beyond the beyond
    hapuna:
    We have no first hand experience with the VTX 1300. However, we have considerable experience with Honda motocycles. We think that if it is a heavyweight cruiser you seek, you will be hard pressed to do better than the Honda.

To us, the VTX 1300C is a good looking bike; and we doubt not that it has the same low maintenance and excellent reliability as all Hondas. For a bike of such displacement and features, the price seems right as well.

We trudge on.

4. Clydeglide

Clydeglide

Feb 9, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    Them BMW's is ugly. Kinda like a Schwinn gone wrong.

Sorry.

:cool:

5. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Washington
    That's good info thanks. I am somewhat concerned about the price. I mean how much do you think they would come down??:)

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    I think that you could easily negotiate about 2000 bucks off those BMWs' MSRP right now. That's how much I negotiated off mine back in Christmas time and it's not even a discontinued model.

PS James Bond rode one of those R1200C.;f

7. cghammo

cghammo

Mar 9, 2001
    Ohio
    I have a VTX 1300C and I love it. Is an '04, bought it new last summer for $8345.00 plus tax.

8. gixxer11

gixxer11 bbrrraaapppppp!

Jan 11, 2005
    in the garage
    There is nothing wrong with the 1300, it's a well designed bike. The 1800 is worth the extra money if you want the power. I am with fnfalman, talk to the BMW dealer and see what they'll do on the price. BMW bikes are great machines, they don't make anything that doen't perform well and last a long time. Not that Honda doesn't, because they do! I was a Honda mechanic for 5 years and think they make a hard to beat product. Try the 1300, 1800, the BMWs, and the other brands, too. Don't "settle" for a bike, just save a little longer to get what you want. "Settling" is for buying washer/dryer combos!

9. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

Dec 20, 2003
    redneck heaven
    The main stream moto mags liked the 1300 better than the 1800, if that helps.

10. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Washington
    Thanks I actually like the 1300. It seems to fit me best and the price is good. I wouldn't rule out the BMW either due to the reputation but I don't think it could be that much better to justify the price difference. I will take a look though.

11. gixxer11

gixxer11 bbrrraaapppppp!

Jan 11, 2005
    in the garage

Then that's then one to get! Just as long as your happy and riding! The VTX1300 is a sweet bike.

12. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Washington
    ANyone know the best way(less expensive) to ship a bike 1000miles????

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    There was a freight company that specializes in motorcycle delivery only. They delivered my bike from Albuquerque to Southern California for $250. I don't know the name top off my head, but I'll go home tonight and dig out the address and give it to you tomorrow.

14. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Washington
    Would greatly appreciate that as the quotes I'm coming up with from Nashville to Seattle are in the $700 range.:)

15. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Jan 25, 2000
    W7YBY
    Here ya go...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-shipping-transport/

I'm currently using Haul Bikes (Daily Direct) but I've heard lots of good stuff about Forward Air and Allied Van Lines.

With Haul Bikes they will come to the house and pick it up and deliver it to a house as well. I believe Allied does the same, but some carriers such as Forward Air only ship Terminal to Terminal and the bike has to be crated, drained of gas, etc.

If time is of the essence you will pay through the nose. I paid $443 on Feb 10th, the bike was picked up on Mar 1, and it's still not here yet. But in their defense, they do a lot of shipping of bikes for Bike Week, so my Concours got to visit Daytona but I didn't. :( :)

16. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Washington
    OK it looks like I found one!!!! Hope to pick it up the 2nd week of April.:cool: