close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home Security

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Lone Kimono, Sep 27, 2012.

1. sebecman

sebecman
    Expand Collapse

My post was a statement on topic and not directed at you.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Kentguy

Kentguy
    Expand Collapse

To Lone Kimono's original point - "There seem to be a lot more break-ins on the news lately. I'm thinking that is only going to get worse as things decline. Is anyone doing anything to step up the security of their home?"

I do agree. we have had 3 break in's in my neighborhood (New-er allotment) between last summer and now. mostly just punks doing the smash & grab, but if we (our Nation/elected officials) don't do something fast we will have much more to worry about than just a few punks trying to grab our computers or TV's.

I also agree with doing whatever you can or afford to keep you and your family safe, should be one of our primary responsibilities, however to me anyway the only thing that I can not replace is my family!

Keep the priorities strait.

#42 Kentguy, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  3. quake

quake
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Fwiw, I hired another guy today at our alarm company; simply needed to in order to keep up with the workload. Burglaries and property theft in our area have gone gradually up over the last two or three years, and have flat-out skyrocketed in the past five or six months.

First thought might be that "we added a job" to the economy, but fact is, he's from another company in the industry; a company that's about 90% reliant on new commercial construction. With no commercial construction going on to speak of, they had to let guys go.

We do new construction and remodel/retrofit work in both the commercial and residential areas; so when the economy is up the construction industry keeps us busy, and when the economy is down, the increased crime keeps us busy. Basically, the declining economy is what cost him his job, but the increased crime of a declining economy makes our industry one of the rare ones that grows when other industries shrink.

Not trying to sound like a parasite or ambulance-chaser; just pointing out my first-hand observations relating to the topic of this thread: observations that tell me that home security should be a big concern for people in general nowadays.

4. PaulMason

PaulMason
    Expand Collapse

You guys should check out this site.
    http://www.spotcrime.com/

I live in a town home community with people walking their dogs, gardeners, and stay at home people. The crime happens around the area but not in it. There are easier stand alone homes to rob. That is part of the key.

5. AK_Stick

AK_Stick
    Expand Collapse
    AAAMAD
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Probably not car it off.

But if I can move it, I can flip it on its side and attack the more vulnerable bottom and side with some simple hand tools and have access to most RSC's in less than 10 min.