Home Owners Association Police???

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by KY Moose, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Wait...What????? CNN has their own sworn PD?

That seems to be a bit hypocritical and explains a lot. Who cares about rights when you have your own private force at your control.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. In Virginia, these private police are known as Special Conservators of the Peace and within their special jurisdiction they have the power to make warrantless arrests and traffic enforcement. I believe the only thing they cannot do is execute warrants. They are appointed by a circuit court judge who sets their geographic jurisdiction which can be as small as the employers private property or as large as the entire circuit court. This could be an entire county.

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yeah, I would but then I had a full-time job which dictated that I be away from home at least 1+2-14 hours a day and of course, the tyrant witch always made meetings at very inconvenient, if not impossible, times.

I tried making one and missed it by a bit and caught what was basically a farce of a meeting where nobody was allowed to participate and everyone just gave up in disgust. There were tons of opposition but the old retired villains just had their own en bloc stranglehold on the whole place. I moved out around the two year mark. I had enough.

4. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Last time I was there, they had security guards, but most of them were retired police.

5. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

So what do the Homeowner Association Police have on the back of their raid jackets? HOMO POLICE? : whistling:

I think we can all agree Association would be too big to fit and the abbreviation would be much too awkward to add to that.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#45 steveksux, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

....that are issued 10MM sidearms:faint:

7. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

If an H.O.A. policeman knocks on my door without an appointment, and is not wearing his hat, do I REALLY have to bring my trash can in from the curb RIGHT THEN, or can it wait until tomorrow?

8. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

That's like the beginning of a bad joke, An HOA Policeman walks into a bar...

9. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

More power to you if you can turn that into a worse joke than mine...

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#49 steveksux, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  10. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

The raid jacket alone would be worth it... HO POLICE. Wear that to your local main drag to scare all the ladies of the night.

11. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

:rofl:

Those same officers could work for the Airport Security Serivce.

I can see their raid jackets now........ :supergrin:

#51 Glockdude1, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  12. BlisteringSilence

BlisteringSilence Secret Squirrel

Don't those guys do drug diversion investigations? I would think that it makes sense to swear them in.

We swear in anyone that does investigations that can result in criminal prosecution, at least at the state level. Makes for a cleaner court case.

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

After the merger of the agencies, it can be the:

Airport
    Security
    Service
    Home
    Owners
    Law
    Enforcement

Department:whistling:

14. GD2J

GD2J GoDirectly2Jail

I'm assuming their special team would be the

Fast
    Action
    Response
    Team...

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

That's just the little poots that come out, but for some serious action, you need:

Special
    High
    Incident
    Team

and

Proactive
    Interdiction
    Special
    Service

16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

17. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member
    CLM

I once saw a situation where some guy calls city hall to complain about a light the city had just installed in a city park. Apparently he was some big shot on the HOA board and expected all changes in the neighborhood to go through him.

City hall told him his house was too far from the light for him to complain about it shining in his bedroom window, and that the city is not a member of the HOA, therefore is not subject to HOA rules.