close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home made Glock

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by AZson, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Pjd832

Pjd832

Here's a paste of the portions ......it's been beaten to death on a couple regional forums with input from several firearm attorneys and a couple Leos including a firearm unit cop

New Jersey Statute 2C:39

2C:39-1. Definitions. The following definitions apply to this chapter and to chapter 58:
    …………………………………………………………………

j. "Manufacturer" means any person who receives or obtains raw materials or parts and processes them into firearms or finished parts of firearms, except a person who exclusively processes grips, stocks and other nonmetal parts of firearms. The term does not include a person who repairs existing firearms or receives new and used raw materials or parts solely for the repair of existing firearms.

2C:39-9. Manufacture, Transport, Disposition and Defacement of Weapons and Dangerous Instruments and Appliances. a. Machine guns. Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells or disposes of any machine gun without being registered or licensed to do so as provided in chapter 58 is guilty of a crime of the third degree.

b.Sawed-off shotguns. Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells or disposes of any sawed-off shotgun is guilty of a crime of the third degree.

c.Firearm silencers. Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells or disposes of any firearm silencer is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

d.Weapons. Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells or disposes of any weapon, including gravity knives, switchblade knives, ballistic knives, daggers, dirks, stilettos, billies, blackjacks, metal knuckles, sandclubs, slingshots, cesti or similar leather bands studded with metal filings, or in the case of firearms if he is not licensed or registered to do so as provided in chapter 58, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree. Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells or disposes of any weapon or other device which projects, releases or emits tear gas or other substances intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or permanent injury through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air, which is intended to be used for any purpose other than for authorized military or law enforcement purposes by duly authorized military or law enforcement personnel or the device is for the purpose of personal self-defense, is pocket-sized and contains not more than three-quarters of an ounce of chemical substance not ordinarily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury, or other than to be used by any person permitted to possess such weapon or device under the provisions of subsection d. of N.J.S.2C:39-5, which is intended for use by financial and other business institutions as part of an integrated security system, placed at fixed locations, for the protection of money and property, by the duly authorized personnel of those institutions, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

e.Defaced firearms. Any person who defaces any firearm is guilty of a crime of the third degree. Any person who knowingly buys, receives, disposes of or conceals a defaced firearm, except an antique firearm or an antique handgun, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

f. (1) Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells, or disposes of any bullet, which is primarily designed for use in a handgun, and which is comprised of a bullet whose core or jacket, if the jacket is thicker than .025 of an inch, is made of tungsten carbide, or hard bronze, or other material which is harder than a rating of 72 or greater on the Rockwell B. Hardness Scale, and is therefore capable of breaching or penetrating body armor and which is intended to be used for any purpose other than for authorized military or law enforcement purposes by duly authorized military or law enforcement personnel, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

(2) Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to prevent a licensed collector of ammunition as defined in paragraph (2) of subsection f. of N.J.S.2C:39-3 from transporting the bullets defined in paragraph (1) of this subsection from (a) any licensed retail or wholesale firearms dealer's place of business to the collector's dwelling, premises, or other land owned or possessed by him, or (b) to or from the collector's dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him to any gun show for the purposes of display, sale, trade, or transfer between collectors, or (c) to or from the collector's dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him to any rifle or pistol club organized in accordance with the rules prescribed by the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice; provided that the club has filed a copy of its charter with the superintendent of the State Police and annually submits a list of its members to the superintendent, and provided further that the ammunition being transported shall be carried not loaded in any firearm and contained in a closed and fastened case, gun box, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported, and the course of travel shall include only such deviations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances.

g.Assault firearms. Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells or disposes of an assault firearm without being registered or licensed to do so pursuant to N.J.S.2C:58-1 et seq. is guilty of a crime of the third degree.

h.Large capacity ammunition magazines. Any person who manufactures, causes to be manufactured, transports, ships, sells or disposes of a large capacity ammunition magazine which is intended to be used for any purpose other than for authorized military or law enforcement purposes by duly authorized military or law enforcement personnel is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

Amended 1979, c.179, s.7; 1980, c.108; 1981, c.480, s.2; 1983, c.58, s.2; 1987, c.228, s.3; 1990, c.32, s.3; 1999, c.233, s.3.

2. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

3. Pjd832

Pjd832

Ok I'm lost....:dunno: lol

4. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

I think you got it.

I think NJ is worse than CA at this point. I would suggest moving to a free state. I am working on moving to a free-er state myself.

5. Pjd832

Pjd832

I've been trying to sell my house (that I own outright) for 2 yrs...no one is buying in my township after they tripled assessed values and taxes.....wife and work are here.....she doesn't want to move....I'm hanging in hoping to sell....but if it starts getting much worse....like ny.....I will abandon ship and drop off the grid I have some options out in Montana/Wyoming ...lol ..she can come or stay..but I'll be gone....:rofl:

6. Mark Housel

Mark Housel

Ugly. yeah I'll give you that. But ugly does not a felony make. And if only had tools were used then I gotta give the guy points for patience at least. :wow:

What would be the opinion if someone posted a picture of their marginally more aesthetic home made Ruger 10-22?

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5250/5247778446_31a6abe7bc.jpg

There might be less question as to the legality I suspect? :supergrin:

Q: Does the GCA prohibit anyone from making a handgun, shotgun or rifle?

This is pretty much the bottom line for most typical non-NFA firearms. Thus I have no qualms whatsoever about the legality of my home brew 10-22 even though I made that years before I had an FFL.

7. NYresq

NYresq

When the SHTF, that ugly beast of a gun would enable someone to do whats needed to get to a better gun, maybe get what they need to survive.

When it comes to a point that it turns violent (see Ukraine two weeks ago for instance) something like that home made gun will be worth its weight in gold to an unarmed person...

All of these places involved in civil wars in the past 20 years also happen to be places where the citizens were disarmed years before the country fell apart. So next time your favorite gun grabber comes up for re-election, keep that in mind when you're too lazy to get out and vote for the other guy... NY has 6 million gun owners and the ****** in charge only had 2 million votes against him... this is why we are suck with the safe act and other nonsense laws.