close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home Invasion with Rifle

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LoadToadBoss, Oct 2, 2012.

1. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

No different than any harmed home invasion. Shoot first, shoot accurately, and hope for the best.

2. fwm

fwm

As often as the cops raid the wrong house, criminals do it far more often. Avoiding drugs and scumbags is a false sense of security, as they can come for you, even if it is through stupidity.

Example. I live at: ABC Liberty Road. (Fake address)
    Another fellow with the same first and last name lived at:
    ABC Liberty Street.(Similar Fake address)

I got his motorcycle insurance bills, doctor bills, tax refund checks, and when he died a lot of sympathy cards. If he had a bad drug deal go down, I could very well have been attacked in the middle of the night with no warning.

It can happen.

And in my world, decent neighborhoods are what DRAW criminals to the area. More to steal than in bad neighborhoods.

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

:rofl::rofl:

4. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Agreed.

If a man enters your house with a rifle and has the element of surprise your goose is cooked in most cases. That said, I'd like a shotgun if its a situation where I actually have time to take defensive measures.

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

It is so damned inconvenient though. At some point you have to do a risk assessment and make some judgement calls. For me, that means I am just a few steps away from a gun anywhere in my house, but I'm not carrying here.

I do know someone that was killed recently in his home and his stashed handgun was untouched, though there are some indications it may have been a professional hit.

6. ray9898

ray9898

How does the type of weapon a intruder has make any difference? You are going to fight back with the best option you have available. I am going to use the most superior mean I can get my hands on, does not matter if I am facing a rifle, handgun or knife.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  7. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

I agree. Semi-auto firing 20 rounds of 00 buck is the best equalizer I know of. That's why it's my go-to gun for home defense.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. Brucev

Brucev

Common sense security measures and avoiding associations with criminals. Agree.

9. Brucev

Brucev

Like I said, use common sense security measures put in place before hand. As to a gun in the shorts... whatever. It might actually come in handy... if your not caught with your pants down, i.e., by surprise. If that happens... your toast.

10. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

God god man, you'd have no sheet rock left.

11. Brucev

Brucev

Common sense security measures put in place before hand will in almost any instance prevent any need to have immediate instant access to a firearm. Why? Because those attempting will not be able to get in without significant delay. That will certainly afford one time to call 911... take loved ones to a safe room and arm ones self to wait till police arrive.

12. Brucev

Brucev

No argument from me!

13. gatorboy

gatorboy

Of course it can. Unless you build your home on land that only tee pees were on centuries ago, you could take the wrath of a targeted HI intended for the previous owner. I'd say if the
    mail was addressed to ABC Liberty Rd., the mailman is an idiot. If had the correct address, the companies who were sending the stuff is to blame. Either way, your initials and address with Ave. in bold on the inside of the door Could have put a stop to that. How annoying!

I was just saying of things we're able to control. You're right, anything could happen.

I also agree about the rifle being used. It's not a theatre full of unsuspecting sitting ducks. I don't train often (enough) with long-guns. I can move and more importantly take cover with a handgun. If the fight comes to me, I hope to have enough time to put any armed intruders out of their comfort zone and off their plan. If it's them dead on the foyer or running off, I could not care less. What kind of weapon they have matters little since the outcome will likely be decided in less than 15 seconds.

14. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Remington 12GA with Centurion Multi Defense loads.

[​IMG]

15. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

Just means fewer walls for an intruder to hide behind :supergrin:

And sheet rock is easy enough to replace.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I think it determines how full your drawers might be... :whistling::dunno:

17. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Ah but that's why you fortify your home. I spend much of my time in the bedroom where my entertainment is. TV, computer, girlfriend, etc. Right next to me, my mossberg 500, and depending if I have pants on, glock 19 in my pants.

Now in order to get to my bedroom, you need to first bust open my locked door, neutralize the two dogs I have in the living room (rottweiler that isn't too friend'y with strangers to begin with and a german shepherd) THEN go to the right room of course, and get past that locked door. I think even if you knew my home's layout, I'd still have plenty of time to grab my mossberg 500 and flip the safety off it.

18. racerford

racerford

Has anybody seen that Doomsday Bunkers show where there were flame jets shooting out of the handrails to the bunker. They got that from me except the rails upstairs to the bedroom are longer and jets go out in a V from each rail. Sure it can be hard on the paint, but it is worth it. :)

j/k (maybe)

19. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

I keep my G29 condition C1 on me while in the house at all times except when I sit down to watch TV. Then it gets unholsterd and put beside me on the couch.

20. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Time is going to come when people figure it out. Everyone knows who the thugs are, they have been through the revolving door multiple times. Time to remove them from society and the gene pool. One violent crime and you get to see the grass from the side with the roots.

They can pay their debt to society with a couple of kidneys, a liver etc.