close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Home DSL service/E-mail ?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by doneroman, Nov 3, 2010.

1. doneroman

doneroman SheepDogs-R-Us

Apr 17, 2009
    The Infidel lair
    Howdy techies,
    we are currently on a service with ATT and e-mail with Yahoo/SBC @ $33 a month + taxes + fees. The advertisements on SBC e-mail are getting rediculous.

What is the most affordable swap we can make for reliable and affordable service?

2. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan
    maybe switch to gmail.com ? free is generally pretty affordable, or are you looking to switch internet service providers and not just email providers?

you don't have to use yahoo mail if you don't want. and, you might want to look at the spam filter settings if you're seeing unusual amounts of spam messages getting through. when you see them, make sure to flag them as spam, that helps the filters to learn and in turn, helps everybody.

3. USAntigoon

USAntigoon NRA Member Silver Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Rochester Hills, MI

I have the same service and you need to look into the spam filter settings.. I have quite some spam but it all goes into my spam folder.. Once in a while I do find some e-mails in the Spam which should have been there... The Spam filter is quite strong..

Your Control SpamGuard feature should be "checked" as "Automatically send suspected Spam to my Spam folder". Be also sure you set the POP & Forwarding feature to "don't POP Spam" otherwise it all will be downloaded into your desktop mailer..

Hope this helps

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Exactly.. just switch to Gmail...

IGF

5. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan
    i learned this when i setup my phone to pop a yahoo account i've got. i couldn't figure out why spam wasn't showing up in the web interface but i was getting it all on my phone.

after i changed that setting, presto! no more spam to my phone.

(my phone pop's 2 yahoo accounts and uses activesync for a gmail account w/direct push)