close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Home Defense Handgun: My Selection and Configuration... and Why

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by cole, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Condition 1 or 2, no light, stock sights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Condition 1 or 2, no light, night sights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Condition 1 or 2, light, stock sights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Condition 1 or 2, light, night sights

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. Condition 3, no light, stock sights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Condition 3, no light, night sights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Condition 3, light, stock sights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Condition 3, light, night sights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other - Please explain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Pie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    Oh yes, I'm trained for aim. It's mandatory. Only time I'm not using sights is when the attacker is within a foot. I have night sights on 2/3rds of my Glocks, but I don't need them. My house gun either has a light on it, or I use my Surefire handheld. When moving, I like the 'slash' of light and move technique (flash and take a step). When entering room, light comes on until room is cleared.

2. J_P

J_P

Jun 25, 2010
    Texas
    I found this thread last night and when I was going though it,and Cole1 made a reference to a thread I started 'what's your primary HD weapon???' So I had to make a post here! I'm HDH is the glock 17 in condition 3 ,loaded with 127gr +p+ , 19 round magazine and a spare 17 round next to it. I keep a light next to the bed and the glock is 5 feet way from me, can keep it on the night stand I have kids so its on in the closet ready to go with the rack of the slide!!! "I will be geting night sights very soon"

3. tbone86

tbone86

May 12, 2009
    Houston, TX
    My HD setup is a 3rd gen Glock 21sf (standard rail), with XS 24/7 big dot sights and a streamlight m3x. I take it out of the safe and put one in the chamber before it goes on my night stand. Oh and I keep corbon 185 grain hp in mine. I've always loved .45ACP and always will... :cool:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  4. I had to pick 'other' as i keep my glock in 'condition 0'.
    Chambered and holstered, on the nightstand. I have a surefire G2 w/ cree LED in the drawer under it.

5. streakpi

streakpi Meat on a Steek

May 15, 2009
    Illinois
    Nightstands:
    1. XD .45c with 13rd mag filled with Hornady Critical Defense. Got TruGlo TFO sights and a Viridian C5L green laser/light on the front. It is loaded with one in the chamber. This is my primary HD gun (don't carry it CCW).
    2. Walther P99 9mm with 15rd mag filled with Hornady Critical Defense. Got Tritium sights. This is alternate HD gun. It is loaded with one in the chamber. Wife prefers to shoot this one - but she is trained with and can handle both. (Not my CCW).

I have my G23 and G36 in the house as well loaded with HCD ammo with rounds in the chambers. Several other guns are locked away and unloaded. We live on a secure military installation....current placement plan is based on current degraded threat.

Oh yeah, dogs are primary alarm system - God are they loud. IF you get on post, past my dogs and my night owl wife...I deserve to lose the fight. :)

6. 93GT

93GT The Ogre

Jul 6, 2002
    S&W 19 with CT grips, light laying in the gun vault along with a speed loader and a couple of speed strips. The wife hasn't been out to shoot in a little while due to being busy popping out kids so until I get her back to shooting the Glocks on a regular basis, I have the revolver with laser as the permanent house gun.

7. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Night time HD is a fully loaded P226 with Night Sights and Light or fully loaded Glock 17 with Light. Handheld light on night stand also.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  8. crsuribe

crsuribe 10mm Auto

Jul 3, 2010
    OH
    G.20SF with a TLR-1S and Trijicon GL04 night sights (not yet but coming very soon), loaded with 15+1 180gr. Gold Dots at 1300~1350fps from Swamp Fox.

Extra 15 round mag loaded with 200gr. XTP's.

Always ready to go at night. When I put it on my night stand, it's not holstered, but sometimes I like to stick it under my pillow or next to it, in between me and my wife's pillows and then it's always in a holster with a thumb break.

My wife understands I'm kind of in love with my pistol and she's cool with it. :D

9. Glockin21

Glockin21

Feb 12, 2011
    Hotlanta,Georgia
    I got a G30 with a Glock light and night sights,and 30 round magazine.I have more magazines stashed in my bathroom and my kitchen.

10. HunterG23

HunterG23

Mar 22, 2012
    I carry a G19 with Speer GD 124 grn. Sometimes when I come home I just leave it on me. When I go to bed I put the G19 in my dressor, and next to it is my G30sf with Speer GD 230 gr. for the G19 I have a crimson trace laser rail mounted, 2 mags loaded. The G30sf I have 1 mag in the gun with hornady critical defence 185 gr because I live in a condo and the rounds are very frangible, then 10 round and 13 round back up mags. Having said all that, in arms reach of my bed is a mossberg 500 with hornady 00 buck, nothing in the pipe, with a stock caddy with 5 more shells. My son is in marine ROTC and he is expert in air rifle shooting and he can handle a 12 guage like a surgeon, my wife gets the G19 and daddy is rocking the G30sf. We also have 2 attack cats:) we sleep very well.

11. ashecht

ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    My edc Glock 30 sits on my night table with Trijicon hd"s. one Speer bonded +p in the pipe, and another ten in the mag