close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home Defense Auto

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by tarmac, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ChaneyD

ChaneyD

Mar 20, 2003
    MI
    Every Glock I own is locked & loaded. In every room.

2. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Feb 19, 2006
    Paradise
    Are shotguns drop safe? I cringe at the thought of keeping a shell chambered. Don't know why... I keep everything else ready to go.

3. Pumps are NOT drop safe, and I do not know of any autos that are, but I'm a pump guy, so not sure.

4. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Feb 19, 2006
    Paradise
    So why the heck would you want to keep your shotgun cocked and locked? Wouldn't you be concerned with bumping it while digging it out of its stash spot? How long does it take to rack a round into the chamber?

Also, are AKs drop safe? I have a S-12 but don't use it for HD.

5. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Feb 19, 2006
    Paradise
    Pics please.... I love Saigas. I have a converted 12 as well. Among others..:cool:

6. Robalero

Robalero Texican

Mar 18, 2003
    South Texas
    Remington Tactical 1100 fully loaded, one in chamber, safety on, and quick accesibility, yet well hidden. This was not always the case as the wife and I are empty nesters.

7. flagg

flagg

Feb 23, 2009
    full tube, empty chamber, safety off.

chuck chuck

8. FWIW, if you racking the shotgun gives the BG enough warning to do something, you are doing it wrong. My $.02.

9. My standard for shotguns (Rem 870 pump, Beretta 1201 FP auto) is chamber empty, safety off, mag tube down one round. That makes it plenty easy to put it into fighting condition as I'm bringing it into play, allows a fast select slug drill if needed, and gives a good level of safety.