close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Holster Question

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Hamrhed, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hamrhed

Hamrhed AKs & Glocks

Feb 9, 2008
    Ky
    Hi Mas,

I appreciate you taking the time to help answer self-defense questions here!

I took your advice in keeping my carry weapon (G23) stock, and I currently have a Fricke Kydex IWB holster. This holster was designed for my G17, but works w/ my G23- albeit a bit long. I want to explore possibilities with the next holster: do you prefer kydex, cowhide, horsehide, IWB, OWB,etc for your holster/mag pouches?

Thanks again...

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Leather or synthetic? Personal preference and habituation has a lot to do with it. I use both, depending on the gun, the task, and even the mood.

The Kydex generally doesn't have to be broken in . Stays rigid and doesn't go soft with use. Downside: it tends to wear finish more than most leather holsters, and is less amenable to a discreet, silent draw than is leather. My sense is that leather lasts longer, but given that leather has been around longer and "plastics" have evolved faster than leather can, that's a subjective factor.

Hoping this is of help,
    Mas

3. Hamrhed

Hamrhed AKs & Glocks

Feb 9, 2008
    Ky
    I have tried several things- but I ended up going with a kydex holster made by Dale Fricke- who makes great stuff. I should have just done that to begin with since I have ordered Dale's stuff before and it is always just what I needed!