close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Holster Question

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by JUS 1 MO, Jun 22, 2011.

1. JUS 1 MO

JUS 1 MO

May 11, 2011
    Little River, S.C.
    Is anyone using the Don Hume clip-on IWB (#H715M).?. Please give me your opinions and comments.. Thanks...

2. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Jan 19, 2004
    Louisville Kentucky
    Fine little holster for $25 the Don Hume H715M is..
    I use mine quite a bit & it's made from boned leather & the retention is very nice & took a while to get it broken in to where it would draw as I liked, was very tight & after putting the gun in a sock & plastic bag it loosened up nicely..

Glock 26 in Don Hume IWB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. EXETER

EXETER

Jul 23, 2009
    I've used a 715 for a couple of years now and love it! I use a MTAC if I'm carrying all day, but I always use the 715 on the way to work and on the way home (can't carry on the job). It's really easy to put on and take off. Also I always use it anytime I'm not carrying. It covers the trigger very well for when I have it in the glove box or safe.
    I guess my only negative about it is that it isn't as stable as the MTAC since it has only one attachment point and the MTAC has two.
    Overall, I like it! When this one wears out, I'll buy another. Don Hume makes several very good ,well priced holsters.
    FYI: I have the 715 for my g19 and also use it for my g26.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    Yes I use them for a G22 and G20SF. Small footprint and easy on/off. Harder to reholster one handed, draws easy. Overall for the price a good holster in my opinion.
    Get mine from WWW.GUNNERSALLEY.COM

5. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    I have the H715M W.C. (model No. 41) which I have been using for about 1.5 years. I LOVE IT!!! I used it with my G21SF for a year, and now use the same holster for my G29. I paid $27 for it, and couldn't be happier. It conceals my guns really well. I love how small it is. I also love that it is super easy to clip on/off. All it takes is a single finger to unclip, and it just slides right back on. It is perfect for me.

Here's a pic of my G29 in mine (notice the extra .75" of leather at the muzzle since it was made for the G21):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also like that if I decide to take my gun off my belt, like when I sit on my bed or couch, I can just lay it on the nightstand or coffee table. I know the gun is secure, and it's not some big monstrosity that is three times the size of the gun. It's a nice, compact package.

Also, when I get in my car, I take my gun out of this holster and put it in a Blackhawk SERPA holster on my passenger seat-back pocket. I then sit on my Don Hume, and I can't even feel it. It is very soft. I do this because I have heavily bolstered sport seats that aren't that comfy with a gun in your back, and the large bolsters make it hard to draw while sitting. Plus, my car's new, and I don't want the gun to mess up the seats. It started leaving an impression in the leather so I quit wearing it in the car. I don't do this in other cars, just mine.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  6. Mudshark100

Mudshark100

Jan 31, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    I do the exact same thing. I use may CrossBreed SuperTuck for all day carry but at times when I put on and take off frequently, like going to work and coming home, I use the 715. I also keep my G19 in it when I'm not carrying. Great holster. I have two G19s and have a 715 for each.