close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Holster Question

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by JUS 1 MO, Jun 22, 2011.

1. JUS 1 MO

JUS 1 MO
    Expand Collapse

Is anyone using the Don Hume clip-on IWB (#H715M).?. Please give me your opinions and comments.. Thanks...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Glock 17L

Glock 17L
    Expand Collapse
    *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Fine little holster for $25 the Don Hume H715M is..
    I use mine quite a bit & it's made from boned leather & the retention is very nice & took a while to get it broken in to where it would draw as I liked, was very tight & after putting the gun in a sock & plastic bag it loosened up nicely..

Glock 26 in Don Hume IWB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. EXETER

EXETER
    Expand Collapse

I've used a 715 for a couple of years now and love it! I use a MTAC if I'm carrying all day, but I always use the 715 on the way to work and on the way home (can't carry on the job). It's really easy to put on and take off. Also I always use it anytime I'm not carrying. It covers the trigger very well for when I have it in the glove box or safe.
    I guess my only negative about it is that it isn't as stable as the MTAC since it has only one attachment point and the MTAC has two.
    Overall, I like it! When this one wears out, I'll buy another. Don Hume makes several very good ,well priced holsters.
    FYI: I have the 715 for my g19 and also use it for my g26.

#3 EXETER, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123
    Expand Collapse
    Grumpy Old Guy

Yes I use them for a G22 and G20SF. Small footprint and easy on/off. Harder to reholster one handed, draws easy. Overall for the price a good holster in my opinion.
    Get mine from WWW.GUNNERSALLEY.COM

5. 21Carrier

21Carrier
    Expand Collapse
    Until I Gota 29

I have the H715M W.C. (model No. 41) which I have been using for about 1.5 years. I LOVE IT!!! I used it with my G21SF for a year, and now use the same holster for my G29. I paid $27 for it, and couldn't be happier. It conceals my guns really well. I love how small it is. I also love that it is super easy to clip on/off. All it takes is a single finger to unclip, and it just slides right back on. It is perfect for me.

Here's a pic of my G29 in mine (notice the extra .75" of leather at the muzzle since it was made for the G21):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also like that if I decide to take my gun off my belt, like when I sit on my bed or couch, I can just lay it on the nightstand or coffee table. I know the gun is secure, and it's not some big monstrosity that is three times the size of the gun. It's a nice, compact package.

Also, when I get in my car, I take my gun out of this holster and put it in a Blackhawk SERPA holster on my passenger seat-back pocket. I then sit on my Don Hume, and I can't even feel it. It is very soft. I do this because I have heavily bolstered sport seats that aren't that comfy with a gun in your back, and the large bolsters make it hard to draw while sitting. Plus, my car's new, and I don't want the gun to mess up the seats. It started leaving an impression in the leather so I quit wearing it in the car. I don't do this in other cars, just mine.

#5 21Carrier, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  6. Mudshark100

Mudshark100
    Expand Collapse

I do the exact same thing. I use may CrossBreed SuperTuck for all day carry but at times when I put on and take off frequently, like going to work and coming home, I use the 715. I also keep my G19 in it when I'm not carrying. Great holster. I have two G19s and have a 715 for each.