close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Holster Ideas for NP3 Plus Finshed Glock?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Angry Fist, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

I had a few concerns over using kydex, and want my finish to last as long as possible. I have an MTAC, and like how it works, and don't want to switch to all leather. Is there anything a guy could do to make the kydex less harsh? Or are there some really good IWB holsters with high retention that do not use kydex? If not, then what is the best way to care for the NP3+ finish? It is my EDC pistol.

2. RobarGuns

RobarGuns

Most kydex holsters are very hard on any firearm finish. If course, a poorly designed leather holster can also tear up you pistol in short order. We generally recommend a quality leather holster, but NP3 is pretty tough stuff and will hold up to kydex better than almost any other finish. Care fo it as you would a blued firearm and it will last a lifetime.

3. Angry Fist

Thank you... can't wait for my baby to come home next week! :supergrin:

4. Chowser

Chowser

My HK USP Compact had the slide NP3'd years ago and did daily carry in a kydex holster. The finish is still great. You can see some slight shiny marks, but it is holding up just fine.

5. Ol' Fart

Ol' Fart

I carried a Colt Combat Commander that Robar had applied NP3 to in a Kydex holster off-duty for several years without excessive wear. The finish looks almost as good today as when Robar did it. Can't say anything bad about that finish. :thumbsup:

6. Angry Fist

Wow! Never thought I'd see this again.

Been carrying it in the MTAC for 2 1/2 years, and no signs of wear. Still looks great! And very easy to clean.