close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Holster For Sig 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by MNOD Glocker, Feb 12, 2014.

1. MNOD Glocker

MNOD Glocker always around

Aug 13, 2008
    Central Minnesota
    So I just purchased a Sig Scorpion government model 1911 with the night sights and threaded barrel. I am having a hard time finding a decent holster for it and I do not have any desire to have an in the waist band holster. Some posts online state the Blackhawk! Serpa holsters (level two's and three's) will work fine with the Sig's bulkier or squarer slide but I am a little leary of ordering a holster and then not having it work. Can anyone tell me if the Blackhawk! holsters will work with the Sig 1911?

2. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan

3. vettes

vettes

Jun 7, 2013
    Gulf Shores, Al
    If you don't mind the wait, you might just have one made to your liking for about the same as you pay for a Galco off the shelf. Of course my preference is leather, I just don't really care for any of the plastic holsters. I just had a holster made for my SIG STX by FIST Holsters Inc. it is beautifull and fits perfectly and rides on my hip great too. So far I have had FIST make a holster for all of my guns.

4. snichols28

snichols28

Dec 4, 2009
    Colorado
    Sweet gun! I needed one for mine and went with Colorado Holster gear. It was made and on the way to me within a week. Flawless quality!

[​IMG]

5. majette

majette

May 1, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
  6. MNOD Glocker

MNOD Glocker always around

Aug 13, 2008
    Central Minnesota

Was this their regular one they have listed on their website? I really like it and want to get it!

7. snichols28

snichols28

Dec 4, 2009
    Colorado
    If you go to the ordering page and click on "holsters", I believe the first drop down menu is to pick firearm model. One of the models listed is the "Sig 1911". Just pick that one and you'll be good to go!

The flat dark earth color is available and matches the color of the Scorpion 100%. It's sweet!

8. Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman a.k.a. DaReaper

Apr 12, 2003
    Colorado
    Any holster for the 1911 GSR will work with the new 1911's. I was having a hell of a time finding one for my TapOps until I found out this little bit of information.