close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Holster for Colt Officer's ACP... Advice?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by H&K .45 AUTO, Oct 31, 2010.

1. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO 10-42

Aug 4, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I am awaiting the arrival of a Colt Officer's ACP (It's being shipped), which will likely see some time in my carry rotation. As a result, I find myself in the market for a holster to carry the new pistol in.

I am an LEO, and as a result... I like to carry my CCW in the same location as my duty gun. So, I have always preferred an OWB holster, that snugs up tight against my hip on the right side. Also, I tend to prefer leather. Something with a soft lining would be nice to help protect the finish on the weapon, but is not a necessity.

So, here's the spec's:

1) Right handed
    2) Outside the waistband
    3) Leather material
    4) Fits a Colt Officer's ACP (3.5")

Any recomendations would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. I have an Aker holster with the snaps for belt loops. It's leather and owb. I like it a lot.

3. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO 10-42

Aug 4, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I had a small Galco holster for an old G33 that had the belt loop snaps. I really liked that holster a lot, but it was a rough plastic material which was fine for a Glock, but nothing I would put this Colt into. Do you happen to have a website for where I could see the type of holster you are talking about lawdog?

4. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO 10-42

Aug 4, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks lawdog... I'll look into that option.

Any other suggestions?

5. fmrranger

fmrranger

Jun 17, 2009
    Check out the DeSantis speed scabbard. Fantastic OWB holster. I sold all my officer sized 1911's but still have the holster. If you check them out and are interested, let me know, I'll sell you mine.