close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Holster choices for S&W 442

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by Recurve, Aug 12, 2011.

1. 4Rules

4Rules
    Expand Collapse

A good holster should provide effective primary retention and protect the trigger from inadvertent activation. The horsehide Kramer Pocket Holster does that.

Some other makers rely upon gravity alone to keep the handgun in their pocket holster. Some other makers claim to make pocket holsters that stay in the pocket - and stay in place in the pocket - through the use of materials that do not easily slide within the pocket.
    Sounds good, right? Well...it don't work.

The number one priority is to ensure that the trigger is protected, no matter what, and the Kramer does that.

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=25&categoryID=28

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. LarryNC

LarryNC
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I have a pocket holster for my 442 and I really love it. I bought it at a gun show in Charlotte, from the fellow who owns Wild Bill's Concealment. Link

The one I use is:

Level 10
    Pocket carry
    Pocket Packer
    Can be used in either right or left front pocket

I've had mine for years and it has never given me the first problem and it has always been comfortable.

#22 LarryNC, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  3. pjva04

pjva04
    Expand Collapse
    Snub Lover

I stopped pocket carrying some time back. I read somewhere pocket carrying a snub being described as being similar to carrying an orange in your pocket. Well, I can't say that analogy is either accurate or inaccurate as it depends on the size of the pocket, material, size of wearer, size of orange(s) (levity injected here), etc...

My main reason for no longer pocket carrying is that I do prefer lighter material clothing and also already carry enough **** in my pockets already....and just ain't the tacticool kinda guy...being that Iam fairly athletic and don't favor the dunlop concealment method I find that for standard day to day carry the Clipdraw works just fine for my 442. If engaging in more active endeavors, I slide it into my cheapo reproduction of the SmartCarry (gonna pony up for a real one here soon, tho)...

4. HexHead

HexHead
    Expand Collapse

Mika.

5. stihlmanz

stihlmanz
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

+1 for a Mika pocket holster, and he signs your name, etc. inside (or at least he used to..)!

6. pjva04

pjva04
    Expand Collapse
    Snub Lover

7. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl
    Expand Collapse

I have three of them. Works as advertised, extremely comfortable, and no clips or belt to mess with if you don't want to. Have one each for a K-frame smith 3", Glock 27, and Taurus 2" snubbie. Lifetime warranty, made in the USA, and the remora folks have always been more than a pleasure to work with. I proudly stock their holsters in my store.

Sent from my phone booth

8. Faulkner

Faulkner
    Expand Collapse
    Patriot
    Millennium Member

Lobo Gunleather's Model 1 Pancake.

[​IMG]

9. Rob1109

Rob1109
    Expand Collapse

Ditto. I use it for my 642 and my LCR in my right front pocket. They also make one for the G26 w/CT.

10. cmcinc

cmcinc
    Expand Collapse

Mine 442 goes great in its Milt Sparks VM-II.

11. g88

g88
    Expand Collapse

I carry the 340PD and the heavier stainless 640 .357 in Kramer Pocket Holsters because they retain the gun. I had a 442 J-frame dump out of an Uncle Mike's one time, and clear out of my slacks pocket, getting into a car. That cured me of holsters that don't hang onto the gun. But there may be even better ones than the Kramer. I don't know.

12. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Yup.

Here is my J-frame 638 with a shrouded hammer in an oversize(N-frame) holster. I use the holster for a N-frame 44 magnum, but when I want less bulk the J-frame sits pretty in it.

[​IMG]

El Paso Saddlery 88 Street Combat Holster.

#32 NMG26, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013