close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Holster choices for S&W 442

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by Recurve, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Recurve

Recurve

May 22, 2011
    Probably gona pocket carry. I've heard good things about Mika...anything else I should consider?

2. fxstchewy

fxstchewy

Oct 5, 2008
    Statesville, NC
    Uncle mikes works for me, i "think" it is #3.

3. Chup

Chup

Feb 11, 2008
    N. Ohio
    I like Uncle Mike's # 4. It is a little larger and stays in the bigger pockets better.

4. Chili69

Chili69 Retired Navy AO

Oct 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I have a Mika and it works great. I also use a Cell Pal when I don't want to give up a pocket. Then there's the 5.11 Holster Shirts that work well, too.

5. off road

off road

Jun 6, 2011
    What he said...

6. tenntornado

tenntornado

Oct 17, 2011
    Derpville
    I have a Mika and a Galco horsehide,I used the Mika for a long time but eventually got tired of having to fish around in the sofa cushions looking for my snubbie after a little catnap.

I like the Galco a little better since it hangs onto the revolver a little better yet still allows for a smooth easy draw and just feels more stable in my pocket.

I usually wear pretty loose pants

Since I recieved this Alessi IWB holster in this photo a couple of years ago I rarely PC anymore,I can clip this thing IWB AP 3:00 5:00 or anywhere else I want no belt required.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
  8. Dogguy

Dogguy

Aug 2, 2008
    Soggy South.
    I've used all the holsters mentioned above except for the Cell Pal and 5.11. I like all of them. But I mostly carry in the Galco horsehide holster if the pocket will accommodate. If the pocket is small I use the Uncle Mike's (I go with the #3).

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  9. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    I like the Safariland 25 and the TUFF Products pocket holsters

10. voiceofreason

voiceofreason

Oct 27, 2010
    I really like my Kramer Pocket holster. HATED the Mike's #3 pocket holster.

J-frames are so light, putting them on a belt holster makes them almost disappear weight wise.

Comp-tac CTAC is very, very easy to conceal with the velcro clips. Shirts just tuck in nicely over the gun & holster.

11. clfarr72

clfarr72

Jan 13, 2007
    Michigan
    My favorites are my Kramer and my Safariland. Only thing I have a hard time wrapping my head around is that one is the most exspensive and the other is the cheapest holster I have for my 642 and I like them both equally. Whish I would have bought the Safariland first.

12. unit 900

unit 900

Sep 3, 2000
    Baltimore, Md
    Mike Meredith at Pocket Concealment Systems makes a variety of pocket holsters. Mine is well made and designed. The part that faces the outside of your pocket is flat, showing no gun outline.

[​IMG]

13. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    I love my Done Hume, great price no printing and stays in the pocket when gun drawn
    [​IMG]

14. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I use and recommend the Galco pocket horsehide. It holds up well and stays in the pocket presenting the gun.

15. rkrk

rkrk

Dec 4, 2006
    This for me as well. I pocket and IWB with my remora - works very well

I have a lobo enhanced pancake on order - we shall see
    rk