Holster choices for S&W 442

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by Recurve, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Probably gona pocket carry. I've heard good things about Mika...anything else I should consider?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    holster choices Carry Issues Jan 7, 2015
    SR 22 Holster choices Rimfire Forum Nov 11, 2012
    **** Holster choices for GL19 ***** General how-To Help Forum Jan 24, 2012
    WTS: Glock and SIG Holsters Holsters & Related Items Yesterday at 6:35 PM
    WTS DeSantis Intruder IWB holster for Springfield XDS Holsters & Related Items Yesterday at 6:10 PM

3. DeSantis Nemesis works fine for me.

4. Uncle mikes works for me, i "think" it is #3.
  5. Chup

I like Uncle Mike's # 4. It is a little larger and stays in the bigger pockets better.
  6. Chili69

Chili69 Retired Navy AO

I have a Mika and it works great. I also use a Cell Pal when I don't want to give up a pocket. Then there's the 5.11 Holster Shirts that work well, too.
  7. Desantis is good.
  8. What he said...
  9. I have a Mika and a Galco horsehide,I used the Mika for a long time but eventually got tired of having to fish around in the sofa cushions looking for my snubbie after a little catnap.

I like the Galco a little better since it hangs onto the revolver a little better yet still allows for a smooth easy draw and just feels more stable in my pocket.

I usually wear pretty loose pants

Since I recieved this Alessi IWB holster in this photo a couple of years ago I rarely PC anymore,I can clip this thing IWB AP 3:00 5:00 or anywhere else I want no belt required.[​IMG]
    #8 tenntornado, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  10. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i like the safariland model 25.
  11. An Uncle Mike's pocket size 3 works for me.
  12. I've used all the holsters mentioned above except for the Cell Pal and 5.11. I like all of them. But I mostly carry in the Galco horsehide holster if the pocket will accommodate. If the pocket is small I use the Uncle Mike's (I go with the #3).
    #11 Dogguy, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  13. I like the Safariland 25 and the TUFF Products pocket holsters
  14. I really like my Kramer Pocket holster. HATED the Mike's #3 pocket holster.

J-frames are so light, putting them on a belt holster makes them almost disappear weight wise.

Comp-tac CTAC is very, very easy to conceal with the velcro clips. Shirts just tuck in nicely over the gun & holster.
  15. Remora holster
  16. My favorites are my Kramer and my Safariland. Only thing I have a hard time wrapping my head around is that one is the most exspensive and the other is the cheapest holster I have for my 642 and I like them both equally. Whish I would have bought the Safariland first.
  17. Mike Meredith at Pocket Concealment Systems makes a variety of pocket holsters. Mine is well made and designed. The part that faces the outside of your pocket is flat, showing no gun outline.

18. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache
    Millennium Member

I love my Done Hume, great price no printing and stays in the pocket when gun drawn
  19. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I use and recommend the Galco pocket horsehide. It holds up well and stays in the pocket presenting the gun.
  20. rkrk

This for me as well. I pocket and IWB with my remora - works very well

I have a lobo enhanced pancake on order - we shall see