Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Hollywood vs. Reality

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Ajon412, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hollywood vs. Reality: Officer Involved Shootings..

One of the better one's I've seen in a while...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    sos4364 and TBO like this.
  2. Yeah, it's been posted here before. I ordered the DVD from Lane County to add to our library. In the meantime, my chief was so impressed with it that he forwarded the YouTube link to all of our city council members recommending that they watch it.
    TBO likes this.

3. Very interesting, thanks for posting!
  4. Anytime...:wavey:

Thanks, as I wasn't sure.....
  5. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I've never seen it before. It's a good video. Alexis Artwohl and Bill Lewinski are definitely "the good guys."
  6. I have been telling folks to get this forwarded to their CLEOs. It's that good of a video.
  7. Good video Ajon. Thanks for posting it.
  8. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Good post - thanks. I'll end up using this video for our Citizen's Police Academy
  9. Great..Let us know what type of feedback or comments you receive. I'd be curious to see just how receptive they are to the information in this presentation.....
  10. Ajon,

Here's 1 civilian point of view, hope it helps.

I've seen every one of the myths dispelled before, but never so articulately, and never all together. I feel like I had heard most of it before, but still found it very informative.

I think every reality that was explained is absolutely common sense...if you have any (which most people don't) And, the public is damn uninformed about firearms in general, and their capabilities and limitations. Its why people think a tazer is the proper response to a knife, and that kneecap shots are EASY. And Hollywood helps almost none.

I think this video shold be mandatory viewing for every reporter and journalist, BEFORE they report on cop shooting stories.

I didn't find out about On Killing, On Combat, Lethal Force Institute (or anything else by Ayoob), the OODA Loop, etc.etc. until AFTER the Marine Corps. We were simply taught to shoot, not what happens when you shoot, let alone what happens after you shoot. And we thought we were well trained.

The only reason I know of them now is because I read like crazy, and I'm certain I'm WAY better informed than most civilians. They've never even heard of auditory exclusion, tunnel vision, etc., and they think every beat cop is as well trained as an SF operator when it comes to shooting.

Civilians, in general, know jack crap about ANYTHING to do with firearms and shootings, so I think this video would be excellent for a civilian police academy. Thanks for posting it.
  11. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Mar 21, 2006
  12. opelwasp

opelwasp ZOG/MORON LUBE

Nov 22, 2005
    Northern California
    What a great video.
  13. If I'm not mistaken, Bill Lewinski and his Force Science Institute participated in the defense of a British Anti-Terror Officer that shot and killed a suspected terrorists a few years back...If interested, you can sign up to receive his Force Science research Newsletter here...

Knoxvegasdaddy......You're definitely "ahead of the curve" compared to most due to your service in the military and the fact that you "get it"....:thumbsup:....Col. Dave Grossmans "On Killing" is an excellent read. I had the pleasure to see one of his lectures when I attended a Street Survival Seminar a few years ago...
    Newcop761 likes this.
  14. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I'm an FSN subscriber. If you're in law enforcement, you should be reading it. If you're a field training officer, supervisor, administrator, or instructor in any use of force related topic, you NEED to be reading it.
  15. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    This thread is from March, 2012.

Because of current events, I believe it deserves a bump...
    Newcop761, TBO and Southswede like this.
  16. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Trying to fix OP link so it works in Tapatalk.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk
  17. Russ, you're correct, but it contains FACTS and the current crowd aren't interested in those. We've heard the saying before, "you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own FACTS", but apparently others haven't...
    TBO likes this.
  18. TBO... Thanks... Not sure what happened there...
    TBO likes this.
  19. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Well said...
  20. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Thanks, TBO. I put the new link in Post #1. :thumbsup:
    TBO likes this.