close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hollywood gunman shoots at passing cars

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sharky7, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Makes you wonder what the world is coming to. A person can take a simple break up.

3. Thank goodness no one was injured because of this knucklehead......Again, no great loss....

4. Sunset & Vine? The shooter must have thought he was part of a movie production and after getting shot by responding LEOs (all part of the script), the director would yell "Cut. Print." and he'd get up and go back to makeup.

Oooops, but somebody wrote him out of the script for good.

5. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Sounds like he didn't hit anybody... Can the police actually shoot him if he's only firing warning shots??? :whistling:

Seriously though, I'm surprised nobody ran him over. Standing in the middle of the street shooting at people, kind of vulnerable out there.

Randy

6. Knowledge?.....Really...I guess he knew that if he continued to shoot at passing cars, he'd eventually get SHOT by the Po-lice....:dunno:...You just can't make this stuff up......

7. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Okie dokie.

8. michpatriot

michpatriot

Feb 1, 2010
    One motorist was hit in the jaw reports are now saying...
    Boy gun control really is helping in Kalifornia after all...:whistling:
    One legally armed citizen could have ended this quicker than waitin on the cops to come...

9. SAR

SAR CLM

Apr 17, 2004
    LA LA Land
    Strongly disagree. There were several officers in the vicinity when the shooting started. If a citizen was there and could not be immediately identified it would have been much much worse. This is not one of those instances where time was wasted waiting for the police to arrive. We were already here. It just took awhile to catch up to him.

10. SAR

SAR CLM

Apr 17, 2004
    LA LA Land
    One of the biggest WTF moments came about an hour and a half later... I had one of the witnesses transported to the station to be interviewed by detectives. When they started asking him what happened, he casually reveals, "Oh by the way, I got shot in the leg.." :shocked:

Like when were you gonna tell us buddy? :rofl:

11. michpatriot

michpatriot

Feb 1, 2010
    In the time it took for the person to take the video it could have been over...I did not see any police in the video... but they might have been just out of frame, but even if they were 3 blocks away and one citizen was armed while driving by or within reasonable engagement distance... I guess I dont understand your argument...Would you also discourage a off duty officer from engaging based on the officer not being in uniform and being mistaken for the actual shooter. I realize what you are getting at but respectfully disagree. I feel someone could possibly look at the circumstance with the same eyes as a off duty realizing the danger to oneself while engaging the active shooter as it relates to being mistaken for one of the perps, take the situation in visually to see if there are officers in the vicinity, take shots and lay down your weapon and call it in. All of this theroetically in about five seconds give or take. I am not saying that a citizen doing all the right things still couldnt get shot by law enforcement in this situation, but there is a very real chance that with proper situational awareness a citizen could have ended it before the nearest radio even sqwaked. We wont even get into the legal aftermath possibilities...human life is precious.. sometimes you have to rely on your self alone, and in that split second make a decision that could kill you or rectify a horror, or both but to just stand there and do nothing...

12. SAR

SAR CLM

Apr 17, 2004
    LA LA Land
    Here's the deal... *I was there.* One of the shooters was a plainclothes detective. Some of the uniforms didn't recognize him. It was quite chaotic and without any type of identification, it could have gotten bad-- I don't feel comfortable telling the whole thing, and in truth, I can't yet... but feel free to disagree and armchair quarterback all you want. I still say that in this instance an armed citizen coming out of nowhere would have just created more of a problem. There were plenty of police there. It happened two block from the station. Within a minute, at least 40 officers were on scene.

13. This is assuming that the armed citizen was (1) in exactly the right spot to act AND (2) the armed citizen was willing to use his/her gun.

Assumption number 1 is based on random probability. Totally random probability.

Assumption number 2 is unlikely as most CCWers will not act unless the threat is directed directly at them. In this instance, each motorist that drove pass the gunman was threatened directly but did nothing. Each had a 3500 to 5000 lb guided projectile at their disposal, which they choose not to use.

Kudos to LAPD.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  14. p.d.

p.d.

Aug 4, 2009
    Dry Ridge, Kentucky
    Hey, some people don't cry and whine about every little thing. :rofl:

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

It was probably a 9mm and he was going to just walk it off...:whistling:

16. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    did we drive past there during my vacation?

17. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yes we did, that one late night when we cruised Hollywood.

18. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    oh cool, good that nobody got killed now that this happened

Edit: well except the idiot with the gun lol

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yeah, nobody got hurt other than this idiot... and all of your favorite independent contractors are still working hard there even in this cold!