close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Holder: Ok to murder Americans?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

2. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy

I sincerely disagree.
    When an American goes off shore and basically declares war on our troops AND civilians this is treason.
    If apprehension and bringing he/she to justice to prevent them from further killing and working against our country is not an option then we have no option than taking them out.

3. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

I AGREE .

take em out ...

americans have been taking out americans since america was here lol / the good ole USA HAS ALOT OF DIRTY SECRETS . i have no doubt this has been going on forever anyway. take em out .

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  4. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Did you feel that way when GWB and Ashcroft had Jose Padilla locked up without charges or a speedy trial?

5. Detectorist

Detectorist

Absolutely.

6. ubimow

ubimow

A terrorist should be treated like a terrorist! Regardless of what country they are from!

7. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Good. We now see for certain the incremental nature our government is taking. They locked up Padilla without charges, and the sheople get accustomed to it in the name of protecting the US. Now they have taken it from prison without charges, to assassination without due process.

So when do they take the next step and start executing Americans on American soil?

8. 427

Let's see, the US .gov outright lies to the American people, hides things from the American people, uses warrantless searches to tracks/spy on the American people, can't keep it's promises to the American people, can't manage it's money, yet some those same people are OK with giving the .gov the power to unilaterally declare an American citizen an "enemy of the state" and execute them without due process based on evidence they'll never see. Amazing. Like the .gov will never abuse its power. <-sarcasm-

What's to stop the .gov from naming anyone of us an enemy of the state simply because we disagree with what they do?

We'll eventually reap what we sow.

9. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Our constitution provides checks and balances for all three branches of the government. The power of the Executive Branch to deprives a citizen of his life is not unilateral but must be subject to due process of law--that is, laws written by the Legislative Branch and deemed constitutional by the Judicial Branch. What is the check on this Executive power? If Holder and the Obama administration thinks extra-judicial killing of Americans on foreign soil (absent a military engagement) is lawful, let him state the statute or case law precedent. What is the evidentiary basis that would be sufficient for ordering an assassination of an American citizen? Who gets to review that material? Our legal system provides for an accused person to confront the accuser and to provide evidence of innocence. What is the basis of law that would prevent such killings from happening on American soil if they are deem acceptable on foreign soil? Slippery slope.

10. CBennett

CBennett

If they(like the people that were killed were) actively were/are seeking to do evil to others im good with it. Sorry. If your a Terrorist(and they were) I dont care what country your from you should be stopped and dealt with . And im not much worried about the methods used to stop them either.

11. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Nothing stops them. Obama recently signed the bill allowing a US citizen, in the US, to be arrested and held INDEFINITELYLY without any "due process" at all. No lawyer, no trial, nothing.
    http://dotsub.com/view/cfad3ce8-8b80-4981-ba6b-f48f184d6712

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjQ6Hjl4ie8"]US citizens can be detained indefinitely without charges being filed and without a trial - YouTube[/ame]

Add to that the government defines who MIGHT POSSIBLY be a terrorist.
    Note, last year obama's homeland security head, Janet Napolitano said Veterans and gun owners are potential terrorists.

Do you see a pattern here?

As far as killing US citizens abroad when they are fighting against the US? Fine with me.
    I just don't trust the people in Washington to make such a decision as to who will be killed or who will be "detained" indefinitely.

12. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

As long as we are safe in our homes at night.................................................

yeah I don't believe that either.

13. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Since when is it assasination to strike a military target during a declared war?

What's the alternative? We leave them slice to kill and injure unless we can capture them? That's retarded.

Don't want to get killed? Don't take up arms and open action against America

14. 220-9er

220-9er

What would we have done if an American could gotten close to Tokyo Rose during WW2? Or others like her that were working for the enemy?
    I think the targeting of Americans overseas (and out of our reach) that are actively working on the side of the enemy should be killed anytime we can. This should be monitored closely to be sure there are no abuses but I don't see any other way to deal with it.
    Here at home the police are supposed to give people their rights and due process. But when there is an active shooter putting the public in danger they don't have to stop what they are doing, go get a court order, before they pull the trigger. This is just the overseas version of that.

15. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Who does the "monitoring"? Who gets to decide what constitutes "abuse" of power. What would that threshold be? The Executive Branch has taken this power unto itself without legislative nor constitutional foundation. No one knows the process by which someone is deemed worthy of targeting. There is no judicial or congressional oversight that's been made public. There is no open and public transparency.

16. 220-9er

220-9er

As we see here, the whole world (including us Gloctalk folks) are monitoring it.
    Good reason to not be a terrorist.
    The title of this thread: Holder: Ok to murder Americans?

Just like in a self-defense situation there is a affirmative defense. Murder?. Homicide yes but a good case of self defense. When someone is trying to kill you and it is not practical to arrest them and bring them to trial you may under certain circumstances use deadly force.
    He was actively participating in plots to kill us by encouraging, training, and in some cases supplying terrorists with materials.

17. 427

We haven't had a declared war since WW2. Everything has been a "police action" or "overseas contingencies."

----------

Not directed toward anyone in particular, but you all get my point.

"Do you still think you can control them?"
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvjHDmmJoA"]Tomorrow belongs to me - YouTube[/ame]

18. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Next time recind his citizenship 5 min before the bombing. Problem solved.

19. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Slippery slope my friend. Who decides who is a terrorist and what grounds one is determined to be. It leaves a lot to be interpreted and with the loss of due process here in our own country should at least be a reason to pause & look where this is going.

20. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!