close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hogue stock for Ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by downtown, Dec 20, 2009.

1. downtown

downtown

Jan 26, 2009
    Tennessee
    For those of you that have it , what are your opinions. Thanks.

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    I have one set up for the factory-weight barrel, and I like it very much. It's kind of "sticky", so you get a good grip, even under less-than-ideal circumstances or conditions. The black color will heat-up if you leave it in the sun on a bright/sunny day, but here in the far North, that's a feature, not a bug. :supergrin:
    Addition of this stock didn't affect the accuracy of the gun either way; it shoots about the same size groups as it always did, but the new stock did require a re-zero, of course.

I recently replaced the stock with a pistol-gripped military-style one, but I'm keeping the Hogue for future use. Heck, if I can find an inexpensive used 10/22, I might even buy it just to have something to wear that stock! :thumbsup:

3. XDRoX

XDRoX

Jan 24, 2009
    San Diego
    I think they're nice little stocks. I've always wanted to get one and a put on a Whistlepig aluminum barrel.
    [​IMG]
    These barrels weigh less than 18oz's.
    Throw on a cheap red dot and you have an ultra-lite rig. I think that would be blast.

4. I added a Houge overmold stock in Ghillie-tan to my 10/22 and am more than pleased with it. For me, it is a terrific improvement over the factory part. Better ergo's and much better feel.

5. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Not fancy but rugged, lightweight, comfortable, and economical.

6. PAPACHUCK

PAPACHUCK

May 24, 2006
    Who Dat Nation
    I have one on my 10/22 and it is very comfortable. I built my 10/22 to be ultra-light, so I choose a carbon fiber .920 barrel to go with the Houge stock and the package is just that, very light. It shoots well, and has been quite reliable.

[​IMG]

I am planning on getting a Houge stock for my Ruger M77MKII as well.

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    nice inexpensive stock.
    shown with a Green Mountain barrel
    [​IMG]

it also matches my PBR stock
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  8. jimmygun

jimmygun

Feb 1, 2006
    South Texas
    I have one Hogue standard barrel stock but changed the factory barrel to a green mountain running boar barrel, you loose the barrel band and the stock hugs the barrel pretty well. It made a big improvement on my 10/22.

9. TerdSlayer

TerdSlayer

Dec 31, 2009
    PA
    I don't like the one that I have , It is to "sticky"..... fuzz, lint, cat hair, anything that can stick to it will stick to it ...

10. 2006HD

2006HD

Sep 6, 2009
    i have sweaty hands so i think it's great.

although, i am 6 ft 4, and find the length of pull to be very cramped