close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hog hunting recommendations

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by K. Foster, Apr 2, 2005.

1. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    I want to go hog hunting in Texas. Can anyone recommend a ranch or guide? Or advise on places that are not reputable? I’m looking for a quality, fair chase hunt in central to east Tx.

2. ECVMatt

ECVMatt

Apr 13, 2003
    So Cal
    so I have no experience with guides and such, but you might try looking at this site... http://www.texasboars.com/ it has tons of good info. Hope this helps.

Matt

3. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
  4. RockinAR

RockinAR

Feb 8, 2003
    Texas
  5. F-14-2

F-14-2

Apr 30, 2005
    Midlothian,Tx.
    K-Foster,
    I/We can recomend our hunting lease (10,000 acres) 15 miles south of childress TX. northwest TX. Hogs are over abundant here! We use trapps,stands w/feeders & spotlites.They sure do tear up the property!

6. Don't know how much you want to spend but I've heard from buddies who have been there that the Nail Ranch is great.

7. Glocktex

Glocktex

Apr 12, 2001
    Texas
    You can go to www.mysa.com and check in the classified ads for hunting guides for this type of thing. There is one that advertises 3 hogs for 180.00. I think that is a really good deal since the little fellas taste so good!

8. Steve Moses

Steve Moses

May 3, 2000
    K. Foster,

Contact me regarding hunting free-ranging wild hogs if you are still interested. We have been guiding for pigs on the 600-acre Triangle D Ranch between Hico and Meridian for about a year, and can set you up if you desire. Lots of pigs out there....

I have a 20-year old son that up until a few months ago expressed no interest in hunting. He changed his mind, and I took him on his first hunt for anything on Monday, May 15.

He shot a reddish 250-lb sow from about 90 yards out about 2030, and a black 150-lb sow with lots of razorback in her lineage from about 20 yards out about 2200. We probably saw about 25 pigs on this hunt, with 6-7 of them weighing 150 pounds or over.

Steve Moses

9. manintan

manintan

Nov 21, 2004
    Kansas, USA
    If your not dead set to hunt in Texas, I would make a big push for Dale Toon at Wild Boar Ridge in Smithville, OK. I have been there two times now and cannot say enough good things about him and his outfit. In April I took two buddies with me for my second trip and bagged a great blonde Russian boar with my SRH. The other two took good hogs with a 12 ga. slug. He has everything from meat pigs to trophy boars. I see you are from Missouri. It may even be a closer trip than some spots in Texas.
    Wild Boar Ridge