Hodgdon Clays powders unavailable

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by usp40, Aug 20, 2013.

1. usp40

I'm not sure if everyone has seen this before or not. I just saw on one of the sites that Clays powders won't be available until early next year.

Due to a fire at the manufacturing facility, the Clays powders from Hodgdon will not be available until early 2014.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    hodgdon clays Reloading Jun 26, 2013
    WTF Hodgdon? Reloading Jun 14, 2015
    Hodgdon CFE Pistol Powder Reloading Mar 6, 2015
    PV has Hodgdons powder! Reloading Feb 4, 2015
    Anyone save their old Hodgdon Guides. Reloading Oct 2, 2014

3. SWThomas

SWThomas The Gunny

That sucks. I guess you'll have to develop a load with a different powder.

4. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr GAPist #1944

I have a new 8-pound jug in the Phoenix area that's available. Bruno's price would be $145 if they had any. Mine's just $140.

Local pickup only.

E-mail me at jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net if you're interested.

5. SWThomas

SWThomas The Gunny

BOOM! Problem solved.

6. I like it, however it does meter well in my Redding dispenser. Neither does Universal. Come to think of it, Universal is probably the worst metering powder I have ever encountered for handgun.

7. dl645

Odd, that's one of the best metering ones for me with the powder dispenser that came with the Hornady LnL Progressive.

8. Oops! I meant to say does not meter well. You caught it. I might try another powder dispenser. Interesting that it meters well in your Hornady hopper. I have one of those Redding models that goes from zero to like 105 grains and I might be asking too much of it.

9. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Either your standards are too high, or your equipment or techinque is flawed. Universal meters perfectly well in my Dillon and Lee measures, which is not surpirsing as it is a small flake power. It's the same size (more or less) as Bullseye.

10. I really think I do need to try a different dispenser. I have about 8 lbs of universal and clays (total) and have just kind of been sitting on them for a while. I should pick up one of those little lee dispensers. With the redding, it is like I am metering Styrofoam. Inconsistent. These are the only two powders I can really complain about with that meter.

It throws everything from PB to H-1000 well.

11. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

Kinda strange about the metering inconsistencies of Universal. I switched to it specifically b/c it metered so well in my Lee Auto Disk w/ adjustable charge bar. I'm only using it for 9 at the moment but plan to work up 45 loads w/ it in the very near future.

12. SWThomas

SWThomas The Gunny

You wanna see a perfectly metering powder? Check out Ramshot Silhouette.

13. Now if we could just get teh TG plant to burn down the world would bea better place.:tongueout:

#12 fredj338, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  14. There would probably be suicides and loaders putting their equipment up for sale if that happened.:whistling:

15. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr GAPist #1944

Oops! That's a jug of Universal Clays.

16. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr GAPist #1944

What, pray tell, is the 'TG plant'?

17. sellersm

sellersm disciplinare

TG = Titegroup. As we all know, it's Fred's favorite powder! :whistling:

#16 sellersm, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  18. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

No hope in the fire dept. saving it. As fast as that stuff burns, it'd be gone in just a few seconds.

19. That news sucks...Anyone have any for trade/sale in the sf bay area ?

20. Properly measured I've done just fine with Titegroup. One also has to use it for the right application.

Bullseye is near the same burn rate as TG, how come no angst when one talks about using Bullseye?

21. Fire probably set by some liberal anti-gun fanatic to
    shut down ammo manufacturing. :whistling:

Someone had to start the conspiracy theory. :wavey:

All the Best,
    D. White