close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hobbies, Sports, Collections: What other things are you into?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Eye Cutter, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

Its a stormy day and the streets are flooded. I'm stuck here inside the house with a lot of computer time on my hands.

Aside from our passion with firearms, what other things are you guys and gals into? Past times, Collections, Hobbies, Sports?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ppts799

ppts799
    Expand Collapse
    Daisho

badminton!
    i remember there are three others who mentioned this - eyecutter, mc_oliver, and i forgot the other one. set naman tayo ng game one of these days. don't other shooters get into badminton to improve their ipsc moves?

anyway, off topic, saw "the jet" playing badminton a month ago. super GALENG maglaro.

3. Kiddo

Kiddo
    Expand Collapse

I used to play badminton in our varsity in my sophie and junior years but I stopped playing kasi kulang sa support ng school ang mga varsity teams. My hobbies/sports are running, scuba diving and wall climbing but im kind of inactive sa latter two dahil busy sa school work (concentrate muna sa studies, graduating na ksi ako eh. ;) ), but when the activities have settled down, I'll be going back to the other two. :) As of now, running lang ang activity ko. ;c ;c

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

I'm into Tennis. I try to play as much as I can when my schedule allows it.

Another hobby, which I am neglecting a lot these past months, is my Bonsai Collection. Most of my collection are extra large bonsai. They're sturdier and resistant to droughts. A lot of the plants need wiring and pruning. I'll just let them grow some more before trimming and re-shaping.

:cool:

[​IMG]
    Raft-style planting of Kalyos or Philippine holly (pot size is 2 ft x 4.5 ft)

[​IMG]
    Informal upright Kamuning Binangonan

[​IMG]
    Sharimiki (Driftwood) style Mulawing aso

[​IMG]
    Informal upright Bouganvillea in bloom

[​IMG]
    Informal upright twin trunk style, Tagaytay Cherry

[​IMG]
    Another Informal upright Tagaytay Cherry

[​IMG]
    another view

[​IMG]
    Another specimen of an informal upright Kamuning Binangonan

5. julianz

julianz
    Expand Collapse
    toxic master

naks naman,Bonsai... talagang pang master pati hobby mo doc EC it takes lots of time , patience and peso to get into Bonseki. gaganda..

for my past time here in the mid east billiards, gym , internet and playstation(most of the time)and playing my classical guitar(not that good )
    pag sa PI naman grooming my dogies and playstation pa din with my kids.

6. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

That's a misconception that bonsai is expensive. On the contrary, most bonsai material you can get from as low as P50 to around P2500 for the big trunks. Average price is 250-350 pesos for medium sized trunks. Oras talaga ang puhunan. If you buy it already shaped like what I have, it'll cost in the tens of thousands already. A lot of landscape architects and interior design people get finished works for their clients. So it can also be a very profitable hobby. It's very satisfying to see a seemingly ordinary piece of wood become a work of art.

7. PMMA97

PMMA97
    Expand Collapse
    MNSAmessdetail

Nice Bonsais! Wala bang Maple Oak? Ano ba yung bonsai ni Mr.Miyagi?

8. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

Doc, kayo pala dapat ni Tonet Lerma mag shoot sabay.
    Magkwentuhan kayo sa bonsai, yan ang business nya mgayon

9. Valor1

Valor1
    Expand Collapse
    Pro Paingiver

Sensei Eyecutter,
    Ganda ng bonsai mo ah! Paano ka nag-start at saan ka natuto? Sarap tingnan nakaka-relax.

Other hobbies:
    Badminton - laro naman tayo mga BOGS
    Billiards - laro naman tayo mga BOGS
    Playstation - kanya kanya laro sa mga bahay
    Work out sa gym - minsan- minsan ganda kasi ng view minsan nakaka-relax din;)

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

Allegra: hehehe? Pati nga si Ding Gerodias (yung RO) mahilig din pala sa bonsai. E hindi naman kami magkakilala pa. Di bale, sa next shoot hahanapin ko si Tonet!

Valor: Madali lang mag-bonsai. Madami books about the subject. Planting materials are easy to get and widely available. Madami pag weekends nagbebenta ng materials sa manila seedling bank, quezon circle garden center and at the UP bonsai center.

11. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

Gaganda ng mga bonsai mo Doc. :)

My current hobbies:
    1. Guns
    2. Shooting
    3. Reloading
    ;f

12. gunfool

gunfool
    Expand Collapse

I used to play both billiard and badminton. Although billiard is my favourite among the two. So far I already got two trophies in billiard, one 3rd place (AMF Coastal Mall) and a 2nd place (AMF Makati Cinema Square) Actually am a regular member of easypooltutor philippines and we are internet based like BOGS. You can drop by at this site: easypooltutor.com Every 3rd Sunday of the month may regular tournament kami at isa sa mga locations ang Coastal Mall at MCS, pag sa bandang north sa Playdium kami.

My handle there is jun. Medyo nakatsamba ako as number 2 player last year. Di na nga ako masyadong active this year kasi busy sa trabaho then pag Sunday family day naman.

Jun

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver
    Expand Collapse

Doc, para'ng di ko yata ma imagine nakaupo ka nagbo-bonsai. ;f hehe

Yeah, badminton din ako once in a while pero 'di ako masyado competitve unlike ppts. :) Also into video editing and visual basic programming kung mey time.

14. Alexii

Alexii
    Expand Collapse
    Janeway Forever

Nice bonsais, Doc! ^c

Aside from guns, I'm into tenpin bowling (since 11 years old), model-making (battle tanks and armored vehicles), playstation (no funds yet for PS2, bummer), karaoke (member of AIM, Ayaw Ipasa ang Mike), photography (manual SLRs), classic books, and tea collection.

15. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

hahahaha! bonsai and zen meditation! ayos na ayos dun sa BE forums! maku mozo! hahahaha! helps in visualization!

16. Saruman

Saruman
    Expand Collapse
    I carry a GLOCK

aside from occasional shooting.. i try to read the current best seller when i have time and if it catches my interest.. usually first 2 chapters can make or break a book for me.. but the fave authors never let me down.. Clancy, Crichton, Rice, King, Asimov, Rowling "kaso mala movie na yung last book", and recently Brown.. I have read couple of Grishams "too predictable for me", Sheldon, Steele, Cussler, and Sparks also.. not bad, but would always want a Clancy or Crichton plot all the time..

plus yung favorite past time namin ni team mate Dino ;c ;c ;Y ;Y

17. juramentado

juramentado
    Expand Collapse

I'm the type that can't stand not having hobbies

I used to do rock climbing, mountain biking and scuba diving. Oh and more then ten years of aikido :). As a kid, i did a lot of scale models of tanks and other military vehicles.

Lately I've been practicing kali (Mikey177 was with us for a while) but work has been very hectic so I'me been absent from practice.

I'm currently getting back into the one old hobbie that still intrigues me: caving. In fact our caving group is open to new applicants.

Anyone interested? :)

18. horge

horge
    Expand Collapse
    -=-=-=-=-
    Lifetime Member

[​IMG]
    Numismatist since I was a teenager.
    I wanted better specimens to pose with the Bersa,, but they're all in airtight cases that don't photograph well: the weather's too wet to risk bringing them out. I used a few nice culls instead :)

[​IMG]
    I also snorkel for seaweed surveys.
    Setting up quadrats, logging... it's a thankless endeavor. ;)

I cook, and eat. Grow herbs.
    Grow old too...
    :)

19. Valor1

Valor1
    Expand Collapse
    Pro Paingiver

Horge? What's that your holding on the picture? Is it an aquatic plant or animal?

Saruman- Galing ni Dan Brown sa mga novels nya ang hirap ibaba. Three days nga lang inubos ko ng basahin ko ang "Da Vinci Code."

Eyecutter- I'll try your recommendations. I'll stop by those places to smell the roses.:)

20. antediluvianist

antediluvianist
    Expand Collapse

1. Stockmarket and other Investments (usurious money-lending etc.)

2. War History

3. Learning about Modern Physics (strings, quantum theory, quantum micro-tubules in the human brain that produce consciousness etc.)

4. Finding good Internet Sites, mainly those that support #1, #2, and #3 above.