Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

HK45- brief range report

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Green Dragoon, Nov 17, 2012.

1. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

Oct 29, 2005
    It's my opinion, that if I had a choice of weapons, at around a thousand dollars, or more. I would choose an HK product.

Now, I were given the task of protecting a family, or business, or having to protect a VIP.

In which case, I know I could choose any weapon system. And given all the different High End 1911's from which to buy.

I would take the HK45, hands down.
  2. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

May 31, 2009
    I put another two hundred rounds through it yesterday. No issues except I've learned that I can't ride the safety with my thumb like I do on 1911's.

Somehow, my thumb contacts the slide release on prevents the slide from locking back on the last round.

3. HK Dan

HK Dan

Mar 27, 2008
    And for the record, you are SUPPOSED to use your trigger finger on the mag release. It makes for a blazingly fast reload and your finger is iff the trigger. What more do ya want?

4. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

May 31, 2009
    I agree. I got used to the "new" mag release very quickly. I already find it "odd" when I'm shooting a 1911 and I have to change my grip to drop a mag.
  5. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    I have a HK45C DA/SA myself.
    Had the gun converted to Light LEM.
    Now she has a gunsmith measured 3.9 lbs break and shoots sweet.
    It's a nice option for guys with Glock trigger experience - IMHO.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  6. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

May 31, 2009
    good shooting. I've heard great things about the LEM trigger. I'm carrying in condition 1 though....since I have more experience with the 1911.
  7. Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
    I had the HK45 a few years back and it was the best overall 45 caliber pistol ive ever owned. And ive had a TRP, Sig P220, Ed Brown & Kimber.