close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HK Torture Tests

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by thegriz18, May 25, 2010.

1. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Ok, I don't quite get it. Every time I see some end user torture tests of HKs it seems like they have jam after jam. Just search Youtube and you will see what I am talking about. I don't understand why HKs seem to have so many jam issues. I can only imagine that other brands have the same issues, but perhaps they don't? I'm not knocking HK because I really do want to buy one, but I have a hard time justifying $900 when I watch videos of the darn things jamming or being beaten out by Glocks and Sigs. Has anyone else noticed this? I know they are good handguns, but unsure about why I see so many videos or reports of them failing.

I've put a lot of rounds through my Glock 23 in all kinds of weather and conditions and the only jams I have experienced have been either ammo or bad magazine/springs. Just curious about this. Anyone else have these same experiences?

2. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

3. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

There's no mystery going on here, H&K pistols are overrated, particularly by those who have bought into the hype.

4. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

5. Ruggles

Ruggles

I've seen too many stupid torture test on handguns.......

Dropping them out of aircraft........really...thousand of rds without cleaning.....huh..........these things do not seem very realistic to me, at least not in my world :)

Edit for my horrible grammar and spelling on my 1st try :)

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  6. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

I do agree. I supposed in the zombie, post fall out aftermath fantasies we have a $900 pistol ought to work even when it is out of ammo. :supergrin:

7. JBnTX

JBnTX

Whoa there!!!

I own 8 HK handguns and I've never had a malfunction with any of them.
    Some of them have in excess of 5000 rounds.
    I fire Winchester White Box in 9mm and 45acp in all my HK pistols exclusively.

I question the original Posters premise that HKs jam.
    All HK weapons are known worldwide for their reliability.

99% of all torture tests involve irrelevant situations that only show what
    that particular pistol did, in that particular test, at that particular time.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

You cannot deduce that all HK pistols jam just because one malfunctioned
    in an unscientific and informally conducted "torture" test.

Most criticizism of HK pistols comes from a lack of knowledge about them
    and a little jealously from those who can't afford HKs higher prices.

HK pistols are best pistols on the market and well worth the increased cost.
    They work right out of the box!

HK triggers are not target triggers and they take a little getting used to, especially
    by the novice shooter.

HK pistols are built for combat, not target shooting or plinking.
    They're serious pistols for serious shooters.

8. Boost_Junkie

Boost_Junkie Mike November

Yeah I don't plan on dumping a bucket of dirt in my HK anytime soon. Torture tests are silly and prove nothing about a gun. Hell you pour sand down MY ass crack and I'll jam up and and fail to extract...

If your Glock can't handle different ammo what makes you think it'll pass a torture test with dirt and mud?

9. Gdirty5

Gdirty5

I also think torture tests are retarded... The most "torture" a gun may see is probably getting dropped in mud... Besides that, It won't lay there for a week, then be placed in a bucket of baby powder and what not... My HK's have been plenty reliable, never had any jams of any sort, though my G19 had a FTE the other day (first one I've experienced and I just wrote it off) and my XD had a "light" primer strike, which I think it may have been ammo related (was shooting monarch brass that day). But with 1000's of rounds through all of them, I would trust any one of them If i needed to.

10. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

It never fails to amuse me when people boast "torture tests" as the absolute end-all to which gun is the best. My Glocks malfunctioned more than my HKs during normal use and they didn't have sand or mud poured on them.

11. jlpskydive

jlpskydive

OK that may be my new sig line!!! I just got my first HK handgun (have and have had many rifles) and I can't wait to get out and try it. Although man does it have LLLLOOOONNNGGG first pull.

12. Wolfgangamadeus

Wolfgangamadeus

I have 8000 rounds through my HK 45. no stopages. I dont think they are over rated. They may be slightly over priced to some. I paid 760 NIB for my USP 45, and it was worth every penny. ...To stay on topic, i think torture tests are entertaining, thats bout it.

13. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Don't believe anything you see on youtube.
    I saw one 'torture' test where a guy had a Beretta 92 and a Glock 17 in a mud puddle. He claimed he was just swishing them around, but you could clearly see he was jamming the back of the Beretta's slide into the mud with the hammer cocked.
    Of course the Glock fired, the Beretta didn't.
    I like almost all auto pistols, Glock, Sig, HK, Beretta, even XD's. Hk's have been more reliable than any of them, I hate their ergonomics, but they are reliable.

14. Clem Eastwood

Clem Eastwood

exactly. at one point the USPc i use for range only duty had 4500rds through it without a cleaning. the gun has never hiccuped. but ive had a bunch more problems with glocks.

last week at the range i was loading handfuls of cartridges into the HKs mags while BSing. at somepoint, around the middle of a mag one of my spent cases got mixed in and i didnt notice when loading the mag. the empty fed just like normal and when i pulled the trigger on it all i got was a click. when i cleared the chamber i found the empty case. the weapon was pretty dirty when this happened, probably had 500rds through it since the last cleaning.

i was able to recreate this phenomenon by putting an spent case on top of a live cartridge in the mag and when i hit the slide release it fed like normal.

15. Clem Eastwood

Clem Eastwood

when you dont perform maintenance at recommended intervals and shoot to failure, it becomes a torture test. pushing cow **** into the action isnt the only type of torture test.

16. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

I'm not bashing HK guys. I specifically said that. My only question was why are there so many video torture tests involving HKs? That was it. I'm not bashing them or praising them. I am simply stating a pattern that I have noticed. I agree that most of the torture tests are pretty pointless.

What I don't get about the HK crowd is the level of snobbery some exhibit. It seems that when anyone asks something about HK, or asks a question about their reliability someone comes along with the "you won't understand", or "those people are jealous because they can't afford them."

My point is not to bash, but to question why so many people feel it prudent to torture test HKs, and then have them jam, when HK claims that these pistols will function under those types of conditions. That's it, all I'm asking. I really want to buy myself a P2000, but, well, I can't afford it.

17. Clem Eastwood

Clem Eastwood

the HKs are a different animal. some love them and some hate them. there seems to be few opinions in between. if you were in the dallas area we could go shoot, take my HKs among others. no need for gun snobbery. use what works best for you. :wavey:

18. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

Are HK's over rated??? In most cases, yes! Are they over priced??? In ALL cases, yes! However...why in the hell someone would pay good money for something and then abuse it when there's absolutely nothing to gain??? Must have a screw loose or something.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  19. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Internet rumors...

HK's jam but they're more reliable than most...
    Torture tests are good entertainment but don't say much about firearms.

20. TalkToTheGlock

TalkToTheGlock Zombie Hunter

Hk > Glock.

Best shooting guns on the market for the price right now.