Hk p2000sk

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by xidica, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Mas,

Recently picked up an HK P2000SK w/ LEM trigger in .40. Curious as to any thoughts you had on this gun for carry, and any special considerations to make. I'm normally a striker fired guy, and currently carry either an M&P Shield 9 or Kahr PM9. Is there a specific technique or finger I should use for the mag release? Also, are 165gr gold dot standard pressure enough, or do you favor something different for this gun? Thanks in advance.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    HK P2000SK .357 Sig Barrel Gun Parts & Accessories Apr 16, 2015
    HK P2000sk VS Walther PPS General Firearms Forum Apr 8, 2015
    New P2000sk! General Firearms Forum Feb 21, 2015
    P.O.A. = P.O.I .on HK P2000SK Heckler & Koch Forum Feb 10, 2015
    FS: Galco FED Paddle for HK USPc P2000 P2000sk Holsters & Related Items Feb 5, 2015

3. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote

Excellent pistol. Holstering with thumb on hammer gives you one more "safety net" against accidental discharge if cord from clothing or something gets caught between trigger and holster.

Most users of my acquaintance find it's faster to use the trigger finger to activate the magazine release lever. Safer, too, since it gets that finger out of the trigger guard.

165 grain Gold Dot at 1140 foot-seconds is one of the best, most street-proven .40 loads out there.

best,
    mas

4. Thanks so much.

5. One followup, if I may. This was a used purchase, and I'm not sure if the previous owner installed the 4.5lb variant LEM trigger or the ~8lb pull version(feels light to me, but still long and deliberate). I couldn't find the official HK stance on minimum recommended trigger weight for duty use in the LEM. Thoughts?