close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

hk mp5 at advanced weapons systems

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jundeleon, Jul 16, 2007.

1. jundeleon

jundeleon

Aug 31, 2003
    I saw a HK MP5K with a srp of Php 180k at the Advanced Weapons Systems booth in the gun show.
    Are these the original MP5 or some sort of clone?
    Tried to inquire but "for law enforcement only" is what the sales person said.

2. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006

3. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

Sep 16, 2006
    Philippines
    9mx and i saw it this evening at the gunshow, it's a clone.:sad:

4. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

Jan 4, 2005
    Makati
    yup made in turkey alright.

but it still looks great

5. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Nov 25, 2003
    180T for clones? Wow!:shocked:

How much does the real McCoys go for?

6. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    Market price is in the ballpark figure of P350,000. If I have known this will go up, I should have bought 2 of them years ago (Trimark offered it to me at P75,000 way back 1998).

7. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    About two weeks ago, a known gunstore in MCS said a basic MP5 is around P300k for AFP and PNP.

8. Benj

Benj

Jul 26, 2005
    A cousin of mine got an MP5 SD6 last year for around 350K if I'm not mistaken, pretty good deal narin since it comes with the silencer already.

9. For some reason I cannot fathom, you can't find one for less than 200k nowadays.

Cheapest one I found so far is 290k, MP5A4. Good condition. It's a genuine HK, as far as I can tell. It has the eagle over N and HK markings on the barrel when you remove the handguard. Actually I want it, but too rich for my blood, he he.

I think it's still available...
    Owner though wants license transferred before turnover of unit.

10. G19cPH

G19cPH

Jul 25, 2006
    Philippines
    Transferable ba license ng pre-owned MP5?

11. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Twin Pines was selling MP5 clones made in Turkey with Imbel FALs about 12 years ago. Their price for the Turkish MP5 was P40,000 with license.

It's nice to have an MP5 but an M16 with an 11.5" 1 in 9 barrel would be sufficient. And a lot cheaper, too.

12. G19cPH

G19cPH

Jul 25, 2006
    Philippines
    Jethro in MCS there was an FN P90 in their display window some time ago, anyone knows if it is available for civilian?

13. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    PNP-FED has been leaning on AFAD for quite some time, to restrict
    the sales of select fire guns to just AFP/PNP. If you already
    own a select-fire gun, then you can still renew its license during
    an amnesty such as is presently ongoing.

Even though there are laws on the books to permit you and me to
    buy MP5's, M4's etc... licensing and registration is a matter left
    (by law) to the PNP-FED's (and therefore C-PNP's) discretion.

They say we can't, then we can't.
    Even if it goes against the letter of the law allowing us to.

14. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but i have a scenario:

let's say that some civillians have the dough to buy select fire firearms. they have it licensed.

what are the chances that they won't be able to renew it because the present or future c-pnp says that it cannot be renewed? any legal guarantee that once it was licensed, you can renew it?

i ask because there were discussions about this in another forum. there is an amnesty now, but can you still renew it after 2 years?

i'm not promoting ownership of unlicensed firearms. i myself have all my firearms licensed. this is just a scenario that was brought up by someone else that nobody can give a definite answer.

15. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    That's the 300,000 peso question :)

Technically, .gov can declare HANDGUNS illegal, and suspend
    the privilege of private ownership of the same, whenever it wants.
    Technically. Not anywhere near practicably, though.

Until there is a Constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear,
    talagang privilege lang, at the State's pleasure.

16. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    wow! talk about a quick reply.

that is more or less what we have concluded. no guarantee like the u.s. 2nd amendment. sana we also have that here. it would be nice to have a long arms collection, specially the bolt action rifles.

back to the main topic.

the prices of mp5's are high because of demand and supply. a lot want to buy but only a few are willing to sell. but let's see how it turns out once there are a lot of ump's going around.

also, i heard that once a high powered firearm is licenses through amnesty, the owner will be "stuck" with it. meaning, he cannot sell to another civillian. unless he sells it to an AFP or PNP personel

i agree, an m16 will be better suited for our contry. mp5 is more of a "wow" factor to show to your friends.

17. Mas gusto ko yung 5.56mm IMI Tavor 21 bullpup. Na showcase na sa discovery channel Futureweapons. Kasing compact lang halos ng MP5 o P90, pang CQB developed ng Israel

Built in yung red dot scope, headshot at 300m standing kaya nya. Pang palit daw sa M16. :supergrin:

18. So when you're too old to fire the damn thing, government will be happy for you to turn it over to them since you cant transfer its license.....:shocked: