close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hit in forehead by spent brass. G19 Gen 3

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by fran m, Mar 18, 2012.

1. fran m

fran m

Shooting my two year old G19 yesterday and got hit in the face with at least three spent casings per mag.

Ammo +P+ 124 Grain Hydrashok and Winchester FMJ NATO. I think this was 124 gr also.

Last time I shot it I thought it was doing it only with older mags.

Yesterday I was using one of the ambi cut mags that came w it.

When I finished shooting I had a 1 inch stripe of blood dried on my forehead. I didn't realize I was cut.

Anyone have the numbers of the parts I need to fix this?

2. TucsonGlocker

TucsonGlocker Young Gun

Here's the only part you need right here:

[​IMG]

Very convenient! Once you get used to it you don't even realize it's there! Plus it requires no modification to the gun!

:supergrin:

3. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I got about 8 or so casings to the face today with my gen 3 19, first time that's ever happend. I was shooting cheap federal from WM, someone told me it was probably some weak loads. Not sure that's your case though.

4. Rustin

Rustin

Might be extra dirty guys. Perhaps clean behind the extractor?

5. Prryan45

Prryan45

Probably limp wristing.

6. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I'm not the op but I wasn't limp wristing.

Mine is pretty nasty, havnt gave her a good scrub in a while.

7. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

I read in another forum that the Glock Armorer was finding a lot of crud when field stripping. Afterwards the firearm functioned fine.

I have never field stripped my Glocks but if yours has a problem you might try it.

:wavey:

8. tgmr05

tgmr05

Extractor and/or ejector.

Many threads on this with some token kool-aid responses about weak ammo, limp wristing, poor owners, only sissies worry about brass flying at their face, or etc.

I had to replace extractor, ejector, rsa on a 17. Only glock out of many I have ever had problems with. Make sure extractor is loose fitting, and you have the newest ejector, and your bloody forehead will no longer need a shield....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Priapism

Priapism

Surely you meant to post that you have never detail stripped your Glocks. You have to field strip them to clean.

10. Rustin

Rustin

I'm sure he meant Detail.
    Imagine if there was someone who never figured out how to field strip and shot thousands of rounds through their Glock. That would be something else but I'm sure it's happened.

11. jw38

jw38

I like that shield better than "I did" my football helment and gogles. Do yourself a favor, scroll up to the First topic in this forum - it's from Dave Nowlin and 3/4 Flap. Much respect is due. Follow the detailed instructions and it will FIX your extraction brass problem. Honestly, I can now place a hat on the floor at the range and almost every round will land in the hat.

12. fran m

fran m

Thanks for the replies. Shooting and carrying one of several g19s and g17s since 1990. Not limp wristing, did it no matter how much or little muscle I put into my hold.

I will sort through the threads and check the various fixes. I don't really want to send it back.

I have a G17 GEN 3 as my duty gun. No issues.

13. bunk22

bunk22

I had same problem with my late model Gen 3 G19. Had guns for years (Glocks included), still do and it was a rare day if a piece of brass hit me in the face. All of sudden my new Gen 3 G19 starts doing it and it's the ammo, you're limp wristing, etc. Valid points but not in many of the cases. Regardless, an LWD extractor fixed my issue though it hasn't solved everyone's issues. Good luck.

14. fran m

fran m

Thanks Bunk.

Very experienced in Glocks, Have 7. This is the only one that does this. Carried one for almost half my life. I don't care about the direction of the ejection except that too much is right in the face. If I was shooting w/out glasses some would have hit me in the eye.

15. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Tell me about it. I have a 2 year old G17G4, and finished a box of Winchester white box and got 1 casing to the face. It happens and sometimes it doesn't.