close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hilarious and Brutal: Romney kills at the annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Oct 18, 2012.

1. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    Hilarious and Brutal: Romney kills at the annual Alfred E. Smith Dinner

http://www.therightscoop.com/hilarious-and-brutal-romney-kills-at-the-annual-alfred-e-smith-dinner/

Doc44

2. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    How about that. A non-Marxist with a sense of humor, to boot! Pretty neat, huh...? :thumbsup:

3. Bring_it!

Bring_it!

Apr 9, 2012
    I saw it. He was very good. Seemed very comfortable, with himself.

4. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    Thanks for sharing! This is a MUST SEE.

A great moment in the midst of a campaign.

5. azatrox

azatrox

Jan 6, 2008
    Arizona
    Brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 trillion. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. KCCAD

KCCAD

Feb 24, 2009
    Kansas
    He hit it out of the park. Timing was perfect. Wonder if Dennis Miller helped write the zingers? He's been hitting the road with Romney.

7. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Be fun to know. :supergrin:

8. azatrox

azatrox

Jan 6, 2008
    Arizona
    Was thinking the same thing.
    Where's Lintlicker? He could use a good laugh.

9. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    "I was hoping the President would bring Joe Biden along. He's always good for a laugh"

BWahahaha

10. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    Awesome! He looks Presidential! And timing was on!

11. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Yep I watched it, it was hilarious! :rofl:And spot on! I loved the look on Kuric's face -true contempt!:supergrin: Alot of the hard line Liberals sat in stunded silence as everyone else rolled out of there seats!:supergrin::rofl::supergrin: It was better then any SNL monilog!:supergrin: Flintlicker probably watch an then went and slit his rists as he saw the election of O fall flat on it's face! O looked like a fool!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  12. Media headlines:

"Obama embraced by Catholic Church; Romney dines with rich people."
    :rofl:

Romney showed a lot here. He was obviously very comfortable in front of this mostly hostile audience. I'm very impressed how his energy level has held up to this grueling schedule and how well prepared he was for this event in the midst of debate season. Very impressive.

13. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    I watched Romney's routine at the Alfred E. Smith dinner when it aired live last night...Who knew that Romney had such a gift and facility for stand up comedy???

The performance truly was nothing short of brilliant -- I doubt Seinfeld or Dennis Miller could have delivered the lines any better.

He'll slay them at the White House Correspondents Dinner when he's president. :cool:

14. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    I think you're going at the right implication here.

We want a President who would stand firm for us against the Russians, Iranian. Comfortable and confident in his own skin, know what is important. He can deliver cordial right hooks, left hooks, rather than apologies. He can run over idiots like Hugo Chavez if need be. He may be the one who shuts down UN donation from our tax dollars, turn their NY building into Salvation Army facility to take care of our own needy. He is the President we need. Paul Ryan is very similar.

They are the team America need. I am sure of that, very very sure. They stand up for the United States of America.

Seemingly an excursion from the campaign, this speech firms up support from conservatives, at a minimum. he wont be just ahead of BHO, he's running away. Great use of a speech! Masterful.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  15. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Yep -- I got a large sense of that from the two debates also. Romney has a spine, and will not approach an issue from the standpoint of fear or hesitancy.

It's like that moment in the last debate when Obama expressed "righteous indignation" and waved his finger at Romney -- it just didn't look right. You just know whether a person is putting on an act, or has the courage of his convictions. And if I can recognize that, guaranteed all the tin-pot world leaders can recognize that also.

I can see Romney telling Medvedev, "Tell Putin there's no way I'm going to be flexible on that -- I'm going to do what's right." And they'll know he means it.

16. stk10767

stk10767

Mar 29, 2001
    I just saw it and thought it was brilliant. I think the American people are thirsting for someone who exudes a truly presidential image.

17. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    You must be a very intuitive person! One of the greatest gift in life is the ability to read another person.

Romney will only talk to Putin. He'd send a water boy to talk to a water boy, just like Putin sent Medvedev to Obama.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  18. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    I had missed that, darn it, and I really appreciate the posting! :wavey:

At one point I saw something truly unforgettable- the letter 'O' was , it seemed, seen trying to crawl inside his cup.

:supergrin:

19. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Never thought I'd say this, but Romney is turning into my favorite presidential candidate since Reagan. This guy is waay smarter than McCain was. Romney got his MBA and law degree at Harvard at the same time, McCain finished at the bottom of his class at the Naval Academy, and probably only got in there because his dad was a famous admiral.