close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hiking in Max Patch NC, can I carry there?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by bigjim, Jul 1, 2008.

1. bigjim

bigjim

Jun 18, 2002
    Behind you
    Hi guys.

I'll be visiting my brother in Marshall, NC for the holiday weekend and he wants to go hiking at a place called Max Patch, which is apparently part of the Appalachian Trail. My question is, who exactly owns/maintains this mountain area, is it state, federal, or private land, and can I carry there under North Carolina law?

I have not been able to find anything specific about this in my searches. I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me a heads up. I hate to be without a pistol in the woods, but I intend to follow the law, right after I find out what it is.

2. waterdude

waterdude

Jan 6, 2008
    NC
    Hey, Max Patch is in Pisgah National Forest, and Pisgah National forest is a state maintained gameland. It is legal to carry a sidearm, but it cannot be a larger caliber than .22lr and the barrel must be shorter than 7 and some odd inches.You can find the info on the wildlife commision website. It may take a little while to find it.

3. bigjim

bigjim

Jun 18, 2002
    Behind you

Exactly what I needed. Thank you.