Highest ride owb holster?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by AFshooter11, Nov 30, 2012.

1. i currently havesa desantis scabbard for my sig 228 and i am looking for something that rides a little higher. any suggestions? thanks guys!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I have a Nightingale Harrier in horsehide that seems to ride pretty high, at least to me. I just got it around a week ago and I really like it. Ill try to take a picture later today of it on my hip if possible.

3. Mitch Rosen Upper Limit.

4. Grizzle makes a quality High Country OWB - $85.00 to $90.00
    http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/OWB_Pocket_Holsters.html

"This is a high riding pancake style holster that rides higher than the CB and can be made in straight drop or slight forward cant. This holster leaves less muzzle/holster extended below the belt line. Ride height will vary depending on the size of the handgun. Forward cant on this holster is approximately 10 degrees depending on the handgun model. For $5 extra leather reinforcement can be added to the front/mouth .... I recommend using a good sturdy gun belt with any holster but I especially recommend it while wearing a high ride."

5. High Noon Holsters make several high riding belt slide holsters and are worth taking a serious look at. After 36 years of serious carry and trying every holster out there, I now only carry with High Noon. Bill

6. Phantom, by Raven Concealment. Can be set for a very high ride, and with the optional pancake wings it holds VERY snug against the body.

7. I doubt they made one for the P228 but the Bucheimer Semi-Shoulder holster rode very high.

[​IMG]