close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

High school football

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nemesis., Apr 19, 2012.

1. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

When does their season begin? Do they play weekly? How many weeks does it last? And, I assume that they play half at home and half on the road?

Also, is this the same schedule as middle schools?

thanx

2. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

3. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

:rofl:

4. Washingtonrebel

Washingtonrebel

I happen to be one of the guys who lines the fields at a local 4A High School. The season usually officially starts about 2 weeks before school starts in Sept. Varsity plays once a week usually and the season lasts until their done, depending on how well they do and playoffs, I'm not sure how they figure who plays at home and how often.

Hope that answered your question,

5. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Games usually start the first week of school and end around Halloween. Playoffs add a few weeks. IIRC they play 10 games

6. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

My wife is an orthopedic PA and is considering a job offer, but it necessitates her being present at the local school's football games. She and I both loathe football, so that's a major detraction to the job.

But if they only play ten games, and only five games are at home (the only ones she would have to attend), it might not be too bad. As I see it.

7. Ace90

Ace90

Its not split evenly, it's usually 6 home 4 away or the opposite it switches every year and every four years teams can add different teams to play to they're schedule and take away others as long as they have 10 games. And playoffs can add more but only 2-3 games.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Exhiition season starts in September, with real games a few weeks later. If you wear your class ring and letterman jacket from when you just missed the state championships by seven games, the freshmen cheerleaders might notice you...

9. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

Exhibition games don't count as regular season obviously. Ten games regular. Three games exhibition? Figure maybe eight games played home field?

Is that about accurate?

Maybe she'd get lucky and get a pop warner league. Those kids couldn't have more than five or six games.

10. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

First games are in August here. Otherwise the season would have to end early due to DEEP snow and darkness, Only a few fields are lighted here.
    For a real surprise look up the Barrow Whalers. They are located on Alaska's northern most coast right on the Bering Sea. When they wanted to get a football team going but can't grow a field there, a private person donated millions for them to have artificial turf. The first in Alaska. It is blue and yellow. We have several artificial fields now, but Barrow was the first, and with private funds.

11. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

When I read this thread all I could think was somebody posting the Chris Hansen pic. :rofl:

12. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

I am not sure the High School football season ever ended for middle aged fat guys. The way they talk you'd think they just pulled their shoulder pads off

MF

13. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

F'n hilarious!!

14. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

It really depends on where you are. If you search for your local high school football team, there are websites that will tell you their record for the previous year. That will give you the best idea.

15. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

How can anyone loathe football, especially HS football? Are you sure you're a man? Quick...you better check! :rofl:

I guess growing up in Texas and playing football for a significant portion of my youth, I'm a little biased. It's a passion for us.

Greg