Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

High quality 1911s: Role in CCW

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Sep 8, 2012.

1. CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010

In the past year, I have grown to love the 1911 model. Having owned a few production 1911s in the past, I couldn't say that reliability was something I'd trust with my life. I've had a chance to own an Ed Brown Special Forces, Mars Armament T.H.U.G. (Twight Hard Use Gun), and a Guncrafter No Name 1911 which are in the lines of Semicustom, retailing in the $2500-$3000 range. Anyways, what are your thoughts with respect to these in concealed carry? They're definitely reliable, well made, and accurate.

Thanks, in advance.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    So long as the shooter is thoroughly familiar with the 1911 platform and maintains it routinely, those fine guns exemplify the ergonomics that have made the 1911 so enduringly popular. Personally, I appreciate their slim profile inside the waistband, and the "proprietary nature to the user" weapon retention factor of their cocked and locked carry. Make sure you've got a 4+ pound trigger pull, and I think they're "good to go" for CCW.