High quality 1911s: Role in CCW

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Mas

In the past year, I have grown to love the 1911 model. Having owned a few production 1911s in the past, I couldn't say that reliability was something I'd trust with my life. I've had a chance to own an Ed Brown Special Forces, Mars Armament T.H.U.G. (Twight Hard Use Gun), and a Guncrafter No Name 1911 which are in the lines of Semicustom, retailing in the $2500-$3000 range. Anyways, what are your thoughts with respect to these in concealed carry? They're definitely reliable, well made, and accurate.

Thanks, in advance.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTS: New Mega Arms AR-15-high quality parts build... Firearms Listings Sep 20, 2015
    Excellent deal on high quality headphones...... The Okie Corral Jun 30, 2015
    ? Best High Quality Cooler The Okie Corral May 10, 2015
    cold weather care / advice on high quality lubricants Gunsmithing Jan 11, 2015
    What high quality bulk (case quantity) 9mm? Caliber Corner Dec 16, 2014

3. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote

So long as the shooter is thoroughly familiar with the 1911 platform and maintains it routinely, those fine guns exemplify the ergonomics that have made the 1911 so enduringly popular. Personally, I appreciate their slim profile inside the waistband, and the "proprietary nature to the user" weapon retention factor of their cocked and locked carry. Make sure you've got a 4+ pound trigger pull, and I think they're "good to go" for CCW.