close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

High quality 1911s: Role in CCW

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Sep 8, 2012.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    Mas

In the past year, I have grown to love the 1911 model. Having owned a few production 1911s in the past, I couldn't say that reliability was something I'd trust with my life. I've had a chance to own an Ed Brown Special Forces, Mars Armament T.H.U.G. (Twight Hard Use Gun), and a Guncrafter No Name 1911 which are in the lines of Semicustom, retailing in the $2500-$3000 range. Anyways, what are your thoughts with respect to these in concealed carry? They're definitely reliable, well made, and accurate.

Thanks, in advance.

Rick

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    So long as the shooter is thoroughly familiar with the 1911 platform and maintains it routinely, those fine guns exemplify the ergonomics that have made the 1911 so enduringly popular. Personally, I appreciate their slim profile inside the waistband, and the "proprietary nature to the user" weapon retention factor of their cocked and locked carry. Make sure you've got a 4+ pound trigger pull, and I think they're "good to go" for CCW.

best,
    Mas