High-Cap Ban in Calorado

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glockenstein40, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Is it ok to ship high-cap mags (33Rnd) to Aurora, Co?

I believe the state ban state takes effect July 1, 2013 but not sure if there are any city or county ordnance against it at this time. Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Los Angeles leaders outlaw high-capacity gun magazines Gun-Control Issues Wednesday at 11:25 AM
    High-Capacity Korean made for Glock .40S&W 31-round magazines Gun Parts & Accessories Apr 6, 2015
    Sandy Hook Report Will Recommend Banning High-Capacity Firearms Political Issues Jan 19, 2015
    High-Capacity Magazines in New Jersey Gun-Control Issues Mar 14, 2014
    Which high-cap .45??? General Firearms Forum May 28, 2013

3. yes your ok until july. order NOW........

4. I am not in CO....but are they going to Grandfather existing high cap mags? or are you going to have to modify them to be 10 round mags?

5. Magazines possessed in state prior to the ban going into effect are legal, but how do you prove that you had them before the ban? Unless the mags are date marked, how does the state prove you didn't?

#4 WoodenPlank, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  6. Another example of a poorly thought out piece of legislation that will have zero impact on crime or preventing mass shootings.

If politicians want to stop crime, enact legislation that prevents DAs and Court systems from sentencing people to probation for felonies and misdemeanors of a high and aggravated nature in which the offender possessed a firearm.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#5 Vertical_Cobalt, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  7. I wish all of you better luck then I had with crappy state gun laws. I now have to dispose of "high capacity" mags that came with my guns when I bought them over 30 years ago. They were legal until the fascists changed the laws. Now I have to go spend money to buy new mags that are not as good as what I already have. And good luck finding them for a reasonable price. Everyone here is gouging. Beretta 92 10 round mags around here $80.

8. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I used to love Colorado, but I wouldn't step foot in that state again.

9. The State, by the law, has to prove the magazines are illegal. It's so vague it's one reason why 54 of the Sheriffs are sueing the State in Federal Court!

I, personally, will not have any dated magazines or receipts after July 1, 2013.

10. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

:upeyes: